How do I make my Green Beans even better without using my oven? I use my crock pot and add plenty of cheese to make this Crock Pot Cheesy Green Beans
My family just loves Green Beans especially a Green Bean Casserole during the holidays. I made the Campbell’s recipe for green bean casserole for years. One day, I decided to change it up. I not only added lots of cheese, but I made the green beans in my crock pot. The cheese makes the green beans creamy and delicious.
Use Your Slow Cooker
When you have so much food to bake during the holidays in the oven, do not forget about your crock pot. This Crock Pot Cheesy Green Bean casserole cooks perfectly in a slow cooker. Once it gets done, just turn the crock-pot to warm. The crock pot will keep it hot. You will not have to reheat Crock Pot Cheesy Green Bean just before serving them.
You can make these Green Beans in the oven.
Use a 9 x 13 baking dish and bake it about 30 minutes until it is bubbly around the edges.
Cheesy Green Bean Casserole Tip:
- As the green beans cool, they will thicken up. These green bean casserole pictures were taken while hot.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
ACCESSORIES SLOW COOKER
Want To Download 8 More Slow Cooker Recipes?
Join 5,000 people who receive our newsletter.
- 1 (10 3/4) ounce can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (I also add 1/4 tsp seasoned salt and 1/4 tsp granulated garlic)
- Two teaspoons Worcestershire
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, drained OR 2 (9 ounces) pack frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6-ounce container of French’s French Fried Onions (1 cup to mix inside the recipe and the rest to top the green bean casserole)
- Mix soup, milk, 1 cup French’s onions, pepper, seasoned salt, garlic, 1 cup cheese, and drained green beans.
- Spray the crock-pot with a cooking spray and add the green bean mixture.
- Top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Cook on low about 3 to 3-12 hours or on high 2 to 2 -1/2 hours.
- Once it is heated thoroughly and BUBBLING, turn the crock-pot to warm until ready to serve. The green beans will thicken up as they cool.
- About eight servings in this recipe.
- I used a 5-quart crock-pot. I had plenty of room to double or triple this recipe.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 5,000 people who follow our newsletter.