This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
HOW TO MAKE BEST SLOW COOKER CHEESY HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
I made this Crockpot Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole for years in the oven, but I decided to try these cheesy potatoes in the crockpot. It is a great way to free up oven space when you are cooking multiple things. This Hash Brown Casserole is an excellent side dish to ham, turkey, chicken or beef entrees. Try these Cheesy Hash Browns instead of a baked potato. For an extra treat, add 6 to 8 slices of crumbled bacon in these potatoes. Add the bacon with the potatoes makes a perfect breakfast dish. I had the crumbled bacon ready for this casserole and completely forgot to add it. No one noticed the bacon was missing. The potatoes are incredibly delicious with or without the bacon.
If you enjoy this Hash Brown Casserole, try my Slow Cooker Cheesy Hash Browns & Ham Casserole. It is perfect for dinner or even breakfast
What makes this slow cooker cheesy hash browns casserole so easy and delicious?
Hash browns, butter, onion, Cream of Chicken Soup, sour cream, Cajun Seasoning, garlic, black pepper, and lots of sharp shredded cheddar cheese.
What recipe did I adapt to make this Crock Pot Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole?
The original recipe is from Tried & True Secret Recipes Cookbook by Ron Douglas. If you are preparing these potatoes in the oven, it calls for 2 cups of crushed Corn Flakes mixed with 1/4 cup butter for the topping. For my crock-pot version, I omitted the topping and added shredded sharp cheddar cheese. I did not think the Corn Flakes would get crispy in the crockpot. I also added one teaspoon of Cajun Seasoning for additional flavor.
Crock-Pot Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
Author: Recipes for our Daily Bread
Recipe type: Side or Breakfast
- * 32 ounces frozen hash browns, thawed, not shredded
- * ½ cup butter, melted
- * 1 medium onion, chopped
- * 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- * 8 ounces sour cream
- * 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- * ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- * ½ teaspoon black pepper
- * 2 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese, 1 cup to mix with hash browns and 1 cup for topping
- Mix the cream of chicken soup, melted butter, onion, sour cream, pepper, garlic, and Cajun seasoning, and hash browns.
- Add 1 cup of cheese on top of everything.
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours in your crock-pot.
- Potatoes should be creamy. Do not over cook!
FREE PRINTABLES FOR RECIPES FOR OUR DAILY BREAD OR OUR AMERICAN TRAVELS NEWSLETTER FOLLOWERS Comfort Food Recipes Printable Cajun Recipes Printable Slow Cooker Tips Weekly Menu Planning and Grocery List SIGN UP HERE AND GET AN IMMEDIATE LINK TO PRINT FREE PRINTABLES
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.