Thank you for stopping by to see this super delicious Crock Pot Corn Casserole.
How about Crock Pot Corn Casserole for your holiday table? It is one of those simple dishes that everyone looks forward to eating. Creamy, Sweet and salty goodness!
Crock-Pot Corn Casserole with Bacon
I guess they just go together: Thanksgiving, Pilgrims, Indians, and Corn Casserole. Corn Casserole, sometimes called Corn Pudding, is a tradition on our holiday table.
When you have to bake so many dishes in your oven during the holidays, do not forget about your crock-pot. Corn Casserole works great in the crockpot. Once it gets done, just turn the crock-pot to warm. It will keep the corn casserole warm, and you will not have to reheat it just before serving it. Do not try to cook this corn on high. I have tried it, and it will burn around the sides of the slow cooker.
If you decide to fix this Crock Pot Corn Casserole with Bacon in the oven, it takes about 45 to 60 minutes to bake half this recipe in a 9 x 13 glass dish at 350 degrees. Check the center of this corn casserole with a toothpick after 45 minutes. It will not come out clean, but it should not look wet. A think corn pudding should be stuck to the toothpick. Test the center to make sure it is baked and not runny before removing it from the oven.
What makes my corn casserole extra special?
It is the bacon! Corn and bacon go perfectly together. It is an extra step to cook the bacon hard and then crumble it on the corn casserole while it is cooking, but it is so worth it. The easiest way fix bacon is in the oven
What is in this Corn Casserole? Cream Corn, Can Corn, Corn Muffin Mix, Butter, Sour Cream, Milk, Sugar, Egg, and Bacon.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
ACCESSORIES SLOW COOKER
CROCK-POT CORN CASSEROLE RECIPE – I adapted this recipe from Fix-It and Forget-It cookbook. I always top this corn casserole with bacon. It goes well together.
- 2-14.75 ounce cans whole kernel corn with juice
- 2-14.75 ounce can cream style corn
- Two boxes of corn muffin mix (If you can find Marie Callender's Cornbread Mix, I highly recommend it) You need 3 cups of muffin mix.
- One stick of butter, melted
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pound of bacon, cooked hard (see my oven fried bacon recipe)
- Combine all ingredients and add to a crock-pot that has been sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Top with the hard cooked and crumbled bacon.
- Cook for 3 hours on low or just until it thickens and sets in the middle.
- COOKING ON HIGH WILL BURN the sides.
- I used a 5-quart crockpot.
- This recipe serves about 16 people. If I am not serving a lot of people, I do half the recipe. I have also doubled it for a larger crowd of 30. You will have to adjust the cooking time. It will depend on the size of your crock-pot.
BEST SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH 3 TOPPINGS