I grew up eating it, but the Lima Bean Casserole was not prepared in a crock-pot. Since I am a huge crock-pot fan, I just had to try making Crock Pot Lima Bean Casserole.
A lot of women purchase shoes or clothes, not me. I buy Crock-pots and cookbooks.
On any day, I would choose a new cookbook over a new pair of shoes or piece of clothing. There is nothing like seeing the smiles on friends and family when they are truly enjoying something I have prepared to eat. This is why I get so excited to try new recipes, and what makes it even better is trying them in my crock-pot. If you have eaten at my house, I probably used my crock-pot to prepare at least one of the dishes on the menu. I have several crock-pots and many days they are all full. Lima Bean Casserole is a delicious creamy cheesy side dish. It turned out just as creamy and delicious as normal.
I would love to hear from you, especially if you have never had a Lima Bean casserole. I am just curious to find out if Lima Bean Casserole is just a southern dish. I hope you will give these Lima Beans a try in your crock-pot and let me know what you think.
Lima Bean Casserole Recipe
- 1-10 ounce can Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-10 ounce package frozen Lima Beans, completely thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 TB Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounce container of French’s Fried Onions (1 cup to mix inside the recipe and the rest to top the lima bean casserole)
- Mix together all these ingredients in a large bowl except for 1 cup French Fried Onions.
- Spray a crock-pot (I used a 5 quart crock-pot) with a cooking spray.
- Pour the ingredients into the crock-pot
- Top with the remaining French Fried Onions.
- This recipe only serves 6 to 8. You may want to double it!
Cook on low for 2 – 1/2 hours. The Lima beans will be bubbling around the edges when they are done. Turn the crock-pot to warm until you are ready to serve them.