This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Thank you for stopping by and checking out this comforting Crock Pot Mac and Cheese.
Are you looking for an easy way to make delicious, comforting Mac & Cheese? You have landed in the perfect place. This Crockpot Mac and Cheese is super easy to make and truly cheesy and delicious.
Homemade Crockpot Mac and Cheese is a staple on any holiday table. What is the secret to creamy crock pot Mac and Cheese? How do you get it seasoned just right?
When you have a group of children eating, it is always a good idea to serve Crockpot Mac & Cheese. When my kids were little, homemade Crock Pot Mac and Cheese was a staple. My kids are now teenagers, and they still love Mac & Cheese. They truly get excited when they find out my slow cooker is full of their favorite creamy, delicious food. I have used several types of pasta when cooking crock-pot Mac & Cheese. You will see two different kinds below. My kids say their favorite is macaroni noodles. Making Crock Pot Mac and Cheese is so easy to do and incredibly delicious and creamy. The secret when you are cooking homemade Mac & Cheese is not too dry it out. If you are cooking it in the slow cooker or oven, be careful not to over cook it. Mac & Cheese is supposed to be creamy and cheesy. Do not let it cook until it is completely set and hard. Creamy Cheesy Mac & Cheese is probably the ultimate comfort food. It needs to be creamy.
What is in this delicious Crockpot Mac & Cheese?
This Mac & Cheese includes one pound dry macaroni, butter, eggs, evaporated milk, cheddar cheese soup, milk, sharp cheddar cheese, Gruyere cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, and dry mustard. It all comes together to make a very creamy flavorful Mac & Cheese.
CROCK POT MAC and CHEESE RECIPE
Comfort food reminds me of how my comfort comes from the Lord. So many times in my life, I have had to Trust God that He was going to work everything out. My son who has had 17 brain surgeries including months and months of hospital stays and seizures. I have had a gun pointed to my head during a fast food robbery. We have moved seven times. My husband and I adopted two children with Reactive Attachment Disorder and many other issues. My list could go on and on. I am sure you too have had many difficult times in your life. When life gets difficult, we have to find comfort and peace in God. I know God has worked every one of my challenging times out. I pray that He will comfort you too.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
ACCESSORIES SLOW COOKER
CROCK-POT CREAMY MACARONI AND CHEESE – adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining cookbook. I added salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and dry mustard.
- 1 pound dry macaroni - this is about 4 cups dry (I used penne pasta because it is what I had on hand. I typically use macaroni noodles.)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Two eggs, beaten
- 12 ounce can evaporate milk
- 10¾ ounce can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated Gruyère cheese
- ½ teaspoon each salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and dry mustard
- Cook the macaroni until al dente (this works better than fully cooking it). Mix the macaroni with all the ingredients except for 2 cups of shredded cheese for the top. Place the macaroni and other ingredients into a crock-pot that has been sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Add the other 2 cups of shredded cheese to the top.
- Cook on low 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Once it is heated thoroughly and bubbling around the edges, turn the crock-pot to warm until ready to serve. Do not over cook it! You want it to be creamy.
- I used a 5-quart crock-pot. I had plenty of room to double or triple this recipe.