This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Do you want to make meatloaf and have people rave about it? Have you ever tried to prepare meatloaf in your crock-pot? I share secrets at the end of this post for making a terrific Crock-Pot Moist Meatloaf.
Have you ever heard of making meatloaf in a slow cooker?
How did I come up with this moist meatloaf recipe?
If you are not a meatloaf fan, try this moist meatloaf made in a Slow Cooker. Nothing says comfort food better than a meatloaf. This meatloaf is not only moist but delicious. It has a wonderful sweet and tangy sauce. You may just change your mind about meatloaf after giving this moist slow cooker meatloaf a try.
This Crock-Pot Moist Meatloaf is seasoned well with bell pepper, garlic, onion, and Worcestershire Sauce. The topping is made with vinegar, dark brown sugar, ketchup, and Worcestershire Sauce. Trust me with this Crock-Pot Moist Meatloaf is it super scrumptious. If you had rather prepare this meatloaf cooked in the oven, you can find the instructions here.
My kids are always suggesting things for me to try cooking like the Pecan Pound Cake with Praline Sauce. They came up with it, and it turns out amazing. They enjoy my meatloaf and recently asked me why I never made it in the crock-pot. I immediately said, “What a great idea?” They all know how much I love and use my crock-pot. After cooking the meatloaf in my crockpot, I love it. I used foil handles I made to put under the meatloaf to be able to pick it up when it was done. It worked perfectly. The meatloaf not only had the same delicious taste as normal, but it looked pretty too. Use a meat thermometer to test the temperature of the meatloaf. When the Crock-Pot Moist Meatloaf reaches 165 degrees, it is ready to remove from the crock-pot. It will continue to cook a little more. I cooked this meatloaf on high over 3 1/2 hours. I used a little over 3 pounds of ground beef. You could also cook it on low about 6 to 7 hours.
Slow Cooker Meat Loaf Recipe
We all live life at a hectic pace. The time we have to spend in the kitchen, especially during the week, is getting less and less. But thanks to my friend the, we can still have a delicious meal with little time spent in the kitchen.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- ½ cup oats
- One med onion, very finely chopped (see picture)
- ½ bell pepper, very finely chopped (see picture)
- Two tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- One tablespoon chopped garlic
- One beaten egg
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- One tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Eight tablespoons vinegar
- Eight tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Four tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- Spray a 7-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine ground beef, onion, bell pepper, bread crumbs, oats, egg, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Make foil handles. See tips below.
- Shape into one large loaf and place it in the center of the crock-pot on top of the foil handles.
- Add ½ of the sauce before baking.
- Cook on high 3 12/ hours or low 6 to 7 hours.
- The meat loaf is done once it reaches 170 F degrees but take it out of the crock-pot or turn it off once it reaches 165 degrees. This will keep it from drying out. It will finish cooking.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- After you bring the sauce to a boil, cut the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- If using your crock-pot, add half of the sauce on top of the meatloaf in the slow cooker. Add the other half of the sauce the last 30 minutes it is in the slow cooker.
Tips: When Making this Slow Cooker Meatloaf
Use heavy-duty aluminum foil to make a handle lift the meatloaf out of the slow cooker.
Cut two pieces of heavy duty foil 8 inches wide by 20 inches in length. This will fit a 7-quart slow cooker.
Fold the heavy foil in half so that it is 4 inches wide.
Place the foil crisscross in the bottom of a 7-quart slow cooker that has been sprayed with a cooking spray.
Smooth out the foil handles on the bottom of the slow cooker plus equal lengths up the sides of the slow cooker.
Cook the meatloaf with half of the sauce. Save the other half of the sauce to add 30 minutes before removing from the slow cooker.
Use a meat thermometer to test the temperature of the meatloaf.
Remove the meatloaf from the slow cooker using the foil handles.
Place on a dish with a lip to allow the meatloaf to drain.
When the Crock-Pot Moist Meatloaf reaches 165 degrees, it is ready to remove from the crock-pot. It will continue to cook a little more.
Serve with mashed potatoes and the sauce from the slow cooker.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.