Do you want to make meatloaf and have people rave about it? Have you ever tried to prepare meatloaf in your crock-pot? I share secrets for making a terrific Crock-Pot Moist Meatloaf.
If you are not a meatloaf fan, try this moist meatloaf made in a Crock-Pot/Slow Cooker. It is not only moist but delicious with a great sweet and tangy sauce. You may just change your mind about meatloaf. This Crock-Pot Moist Meatloaf is seasoned well with bell pepper, garlic, onion, and Worcestershire Sauce. The topping is made with vinegar, dark brown sugar, ketchup, and Worcestershire Sauce. Trust me with this Crock-Pot Moist Meatloaf is it super scrumptious!
My kids are always suggesting things for me to try cooking like the Pecan Pound Cake with Praline Sauce. They came up with it, and it turn out amazing. They enjoy my meatloaf and recently asked me why I never made it in the crock-pot. I immediately said, “What a great idea?” They all know how much I love and use my crock-pot. After cooking the meatloaf in my crock-pot, I love it. I used foil handles I made to put under the meatloaf to be able to pick it up when it was done. It worked perfectly. The meatloaf not only had the same delicious taste as normal, but it looked pretty too. Use a meat thermometer to test the temperature of the meatloaf. When the Crock-Pot Moist Meatloaf reaches 165 degrees, it is ready to remove from the crock-pot. It will continue to cook a little more. I cooked this meatloaf on high over 3 1/2 hours. I used a little over 3 pounds of ground beef. You could also cook it on low about 6 to 7 hours.
We all live life at a hectic pace. The time we have to spend in the kitchen, especially during the week, is getting less and less. But thanks to my friend the, we can still have a delicious meal with little time spent in the kitchen.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- ½ cup oats
- 1 med onion, very finely chopped (see picture)
- ½ bell pepper, very finely chopped (see picture)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 beaten egg
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Combine ground beef, onion, bell pepper, bread crumbs, oats, egg, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Shape into one large loaf and place it in the center of the crock-pot on top of the foil handles.
- Add ½ of the sauce before baking.
- Cook on high 3 12/ hours or low 6 to 7 hours.
- The meat loaf is done once it reaches 170 F degrees but take it out of the crock-pot or turn it off once it reaches 165 degrees. This will keep it from drying out. It will finish cooking.
- 8 tablespoons vinegar
- 8 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- After you bring the sauce to a boil, cut the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour half of the sauce over the top of the meatloaf before you bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, if using a meatloaf pan. If using your crock-pot, add the other half of the sauce the last 30 minutes of baking.
- Add the rest of the sauce to the meatloaf 10 minutes before removing the meatloaf from the oven.