If your family likes Pizza, Spaghetti, or both, they will enjoy this recipe. This Easy Crock Pot Pizza Spaghetti is a layered combination of both pizza and spaghetti that is slowly cooked in the crock-pot.
What is in this Crock Pot Pizza Spaghetti?
This crock pot pizza spaghetti is layered with spaghetti pasta, spaghetti red sauce, pepperoni, sausage, ground beef, and cheese. The perfect combination of pizza and spaghetti with more of a pizza flavor. It is easy to prepare, and a kid-friendly family favorite recipe.
You can prepare Crock Pot Pizza Spaghetti the night before in the crock pot insert. The next morning all you need to do is place the insert in the crock-pot base and turn it on. This crock pot pizza spaghetti is perfect for a large family. It is also perfect when having company, or simply because you do not want to cook for a couple of days.
When I think about the layers in this Pizza Spaghetti, it reminds me of how God works on us one layer at a time. Over our lifetime, God peels away the yucky layers that our flesh desires like; gossip, jealousy, impatience, hatred, and much more. He gives us opportunities to layer on His Fruits of the Spirit; Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control. Galatians 5:22 Each day we have to make choices rather or not we are going to practice these fruits of the Spirit. Each time we choose to practice a fruit of the Spirit, we become more like Jesus.
Recipe for Crock-Pot Pizza Spaghetti – Adapted the Crock-Pot Pizza recipe from Fix-It and Forget-It for
- 1 pound ground sausage, browned and drained (Hot or spicy sausage is great in this recipe)
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, browned and drained
- 1-8 ounce pack Spaghetti pasta, cooked according to package and drained (adding additional pasta will make it dry)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 7 cups (56 ounces) - Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 teaspoons - Pizza & Pasta seasoning by Paul Prudhomme
- Cook the pasta according to the package and drain it. Place the pasta in the bottom of the crock-pot that has been sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Pour half of the Spaghetti sauce over pasta.
- Brown and drain 1-1/2 pounds ground beef and layer it on top of the Spaghetti Sauce.
- Add 1 cup mozzarella cheese on top of the ground beef.
- Add a layer of pepperoni.
- Layer a pound of sausage on top of the Pepperoni.
- Layer the other half of the Spaghetti Sauce on top of the Pepperoni and Sausage.
- cups of mozzarella cheese on top of the Spaghetti Sauce.
- Next, sprinkle generously with Pizza & Pasta Magic or use your favorite pizza topping. I have also used Mama Francesca. It has a blend of grated Parmesan and spices.
- Cook on low 5 hours.
Spaghetti Sauce – If you are in a hurry, use your favorite prepared spaghetti sauce or see the homemade Spaghetti Sauce recipe below.
Next, sprinkle generously with Pizza & Pasta Magic or use your favorite pizza topping. I have also used Mama Francesca. It has a blend of grated parmesan and spices. Cook on low 5 hours.
Spaghetti Sauce Recipe – adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It cookbook.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1-12 ounce can tomato paste
- 3-15 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 TB sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 2 bay leaves (remove before layering the sauce in the crock-pot)
- Mix together and cook with in the pizza spaghetti.
- Cook in the crock-pot on low 3 to 4 hours.