This Slow Cooker Meaty Pizza turned out great. Have you ever tried to make homemade pizza in your crock-pot? Yes, It can be done! The crust even gets crispy.
We often have a pizza night at my house. I normally make homemade pizza dough and everyone gets a portion to make their own person pan pizza or calzone. I decided to try an easier version of homemade pizza in the crock-pot. This time I used a store bought can of refrigerated pizza dough and placed it in the bottom of the crock-pot. I then added our favorite toppings. I was so excited it worked! You know how much I love my crock-pot. It is just so much easier to toss everything together and let it cook. After trying this Slow Cooker Meaty Pizza, I may never order pizza again nor will I bake a homemade pizza in the oven.
Why Use Your Crock-Pot/Slow Cooker?
I use my crock-pot for different reasons during different seasons. During the summer, the crock-pot cooks without heating up the entire house. Since I live in the south, this is a huge benefit. In the winter, I enjoy so many soups like homemade chicken noodle, chicken tortilla, gumbo, chili, beans, and much more that are easy to prepare using a crock-pot. The best advantage of using the crock-pot is when you get home from a long, exhausting day, dinner is ready. It makes me feel like the modern-day June Cleaver when I say “Dinner is Served.” I almost want to start singing “Be our guest, Be our guest” from Beauty and the Beast. So, I know I am little obsessed with my crock-pot, but I cannot help it when I smell all the enticing, alluring smells coming from the kitchen with such little effort. So, be my guest and start taking advantage of all the benefits of using your crock-pot. The main purpose for recipesforourdailybread.com is to encourage families to cook together, eat around the table together, and share God’s Word together. For a busy family, this can be an extremely difficult challenge. Try your crock-pot more often and see if it will help with this challenge.
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup of pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 6 to 8 pieces of bacon, cooked hard and crumbles
- 1 - ½ cups packed fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon of Pizza seasoning (I use Chef Paul Phrudomn's Pizza Pasta Magic)
- Cook the bacon until hard and crumble it up.
- Brown the ground sausage.
- Spray the inside of the Crock-Pot slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Cut off two pieces 6 inch strip x 18 inches wide of Heavy Duty Foil.
- Fold each piece and crisscross it in the bottom of the Crock-Pot.
- Spray the Foil with cooking spray also.
- Unroll the pizza dough and line the bottom of the Crock-Pot.
- Add the pizza sauce.
- Next, layer the brown sausage and crumbled bacon.
- Add the spinach.
- Top everything with Pizza seasoning and cheese.
- Cover and Cook on High for 2 - ½ hours.
- Use the foil handles to remove the pizza.