Does your family love homemade pizza? How about a Deep Dish Cast Iron Skillet Pizza? This skillet pizza is easy to make using frozen dinner rolls.
My teens love homemade pizza. They had rather have this homemade deep dish pizza than any other pizza. In the past, I made this skillet pizza with my homemade pizza dough. Lately, I have made homemade pizza for our family pizza night using frozen dinner rolls. It is delicious and easy to make!
Homemade pizza is even easier to make using my cast iron skillet because I do not have to roll the dough out. To make the pizza crust, I allow rolls to thaw out and rise in my cast iron skillet. After the frozen dinner rolls rise, I flatten them using the bottom of a cup. Rhodes frozen dinner rolls were used in this recipe.
My kids, especially my two 19-year-old boys, love a meat lovers pizza, but you can add any of your favorite pizza toppings.
I know I promised you healthier recipes this month, but I still have teenage boys. They truly need their carbs and protein. Casey is extremely active with sports. He will burn off a piece of pizza in no time. Being a good mother, I serve his favorite food, Cast Iron Deep Dish Skillet Pizza.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
Oven Fried Bacon Post with directions is the easiest way to prepare bacon. See these simple instructions. Pizza Topping Ideas:
- baby spinach leaves
- purple onion
- chopped bell pepper
- chopped tomatoes
- dried or fresh basil
- Italian seasoning – I love Paul Prudhomme’s Pizza/Pasta magic. Great on pizza.
- Italian Sausage, cooked and sliced
- ground sausage, cooked – you could use a turkey sausage
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Other Pizzas on my blog include:
- Lighten Up Homemade Pizza
- Quick Individual Tortilla Pizzas
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Slow Cooker Meaty Pizza
- * 14 Frozen Dinner Rolls if using a 10 inch Cast Iron Skillet. I use Rhodes Dinner Rolls.
- Toppings for this Deep Dish Meat Lovers Pizza
- * 6 pieces of cooked hard crumbled bacon
- * Pound ground sausage - browned and drained
- * Pepperoni as needed
- * ½ cup Pizza Sauce
- * 2 cups shredded Mozzarella, Italian, cheddar, or a combination of these cheeses.
- * Italian Seasonings - I use Paul Prudhomme's Pizza Pasta Magic.
- Place 14 frozen dinner rolls into a 10 inch cast iron skillet that has been rubbed with a little vegetable oil.
- Allow rolls to thaw and rise as directed on the package.
- After they rise, press them down into the skillet using a glass. Use your fingers to press the rolls up the sides of the skillet.
- Use a fork, and prick the dough all over.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly tan.
- Spread pizza sauce on the bottom of the dough after removing from the oven.
- Layer all the toppings.
- Add the cheese on top of all the toppings.
- Season well!! Paul Prudomme's Pizza Pasta Magic.
- Bake 425 degrees about 15 to 20 additional minutes.