If you are looking for a quick, easy, chocolaty, and very delicious cookie recipe using a cake mix, these Devil’s Food Stuffed Cookies are for you.
You can whip up these Devil’s Food Stuffed Cookies at the last-minute and still impress everyone. They are similar to a whoopie cookie. I color the icing to match the theme, party or season. These Devil’s Food Stuffed Cookies are pretty if you leave them white and add some colored sprinkles on the edges too. We truly love these cookies. They have become a family favorite which means everyone loves to help bake them and eat them. I follow the basic recipe forand then add this yummy filling made with Marshmallow.
Devil’s Food Stuffed Cookies
Author: Diane @recipesforourdailybread
Recipe type: dessert
- 2 boxes Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Mix together all the ingredients and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. I use a very small ice cream scoop (1 TB size) and scoop the cookie dough onto parchment paper.
- 2 -1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups marshmallow creme
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Mix together the cake mix, oil, and eggs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes at 1 tablespoon size. NO LONGER.
- I use a very small ice cream scoop (1 TB size) and scoop the cookie dough onto parchment paper.
- Cool completely before adding the filling or the cookie will break.
- Use an electric mixer and beat filling ingredients until fluffy.
- Spread the filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies.
- Top each with another cookie.
- Store in an air tight containers.