This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
This Easy Coconut Poke Cake is super moist. It is so easy to make using a cake mix, sweetened condensed milk, cream of coconut, macadamia nuts, and coconut. It is full of coconut flavor and delicious.
Coconut cake is my husband’s favorite cake. Since his birthday was yesterday, we celebrated with this Coconut Poke Cake. This cake is not only delicious but it is extremely easy to prepare. I found this Coconut Poke Cake Recipe on the Duncan Hines website when I was looking for the Banana Pudding Poke Cake I made last weekend. Both of these cakes turned out better than I expected them to be. The Coconut Poke Cake and the Banana Pudding Poke Cake ingredients definitely kick up a plain cake mix. I have no doubt I will make both quick, easy, and delicious cakes again, especially when I have no time to bake a cake from scratch. Like I said in an earlier post this week about , I bake and eat way too much cake. With six people still at home, it seems like we are always celebrating a birthday, anniversary, “Gotcha Day”, Easter, Valentine’s, and many other holidays. If a cake is not super moist and delicious, I do not eat it nor bake it again. I will be baking this cake again!
- 1 box White Cake Mix - I used Duncan Hines Cake Mix
- ½ teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 -14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated)
- 1 -14-ounce can of cream of coconut
- 16 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 8 ounces flaked coconut - toast half of the coconut with the nuts
- 1-2 ounce pack of Macadamia OR silvered Almonds, lightly toasted in the oven with the coconut.
- Mix up the cake mix according to the package directions.
- Add the almond flavoring.
- Bake in a 9 x 13 baking pan according to package instructions.
- Mix cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk together.
- Pour over the top of the warm cake.
- Let cake cool completely then frost with the whipped topping.
- Top with the flaked coconut and macadamia nuts. (toasting the coconut and nuts is optional)
- If toasting them, watch carefully and remove from the oven when LIGHTLY toasted. Mine was to toasted.
- Keep cake refrigerated.