WELCOME! If you are looking for an easy, delicious, special cake, I am excited you have landed on Mickey’s German Chocolate Cake. It would be perfect for Valentine’s Day.
You will simply need a box of German Chocolate cake mix, mayonnaise, eggs and a half can of German Chocolate frosting. For the icing, you will need the other half can of German Chocolate frosting, Cream Cheese, Powdered Sugar, Cocoa powder and a bag of Health Bar Toffee Bits. Super simple, right?
After visiting a long time family friend, Mickey, over the holidays, she shared this fabulous Chocolate Cake recipe with me. I could not wait to share this recipe with you because it is super moist and terrific. It has many secrets including a half of can of German Chocolate Icing and mayonnaise in the cake.
If you look up a picture of the perfect Southern Lady, fantastic host, and genuinely loving person, you will see a picture of my friend Mickey. She is always serving and hosting events for her church. Mickey is from my hometown of Mobile, Alabama. She attended and still attends the church where Jerry and I were married. I met Jerry and started attending his church with him when I was 16 years old. You may be wondering how long ago has it been since I was a teenager or how long I have been married. My husband Jerry and I were married when I was 19 and he was 20 in 1984. To save you time calculating that many numbers, we have been married for 32 years. We have known Mickey a little longer than 32 years. For all these years, she has been the lady I admire the most for her cooking, hospitality, and genuine love for people and God. Not to mention she paints gorgeous pictures. Her specialty is beautiful roses and magnolias. When I grow up, I want to be like Mickey.
I could not mention Mickey without mentioning her son Terry. My husband Jerry and Terry have been friends since they were teenagers. Jerry still loves and admires Terry so much. Terry is a sweetheart and always has the biggest smiles. Please keep this family in your prayers as Mickey’s husband and Terry’s dad, Jack, goes through cancer treatments. Please pray that he will be cancer free soon and God will give him and all of them the strength to endure it.
- 1 box German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- ½ can German Chocolate Icing
- ½ can German Chocolate Icing
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups Confectioners Sugar
- Three tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- One bag Heath Chocolate Toffee Bits (about 1⅓ cups)
- Using an electric mixer, combine the German Chocolate cake mix with eggs, mayonnaise, and water.
- Beat in ½ can of store bought German Chocolate frosting.
- Bake in a bundt pan sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow Cake to cool.
- Using a mixer, mix the other half can frosting with cream cheese until creamy.
- Slowly add the confectioner's sugar and cocoa powder.
- Fold in the Heath Bar pieces by hand.
- Spread the frosting all over the cake.