This Easy Pasta Salad Italian Shrimp is made with a bottle of Italian dressing, Italian seasoning, pasta, shrimp, cucumber, tomato and Italian Cheese.
I mentioned in my Easy Pasta Greek Salad Recipe and my Tomato Cucumber Bread Salad Recipe Posts that I had requests for easy and healthy recipes.
What is easier than boiling water and cooking pasta? What is healthier than fresh vegetables like tomatoes and cucumbers? When you put these ingredients together, you get this great Easy Pasta Salad Italian Shrimp. Children love pasta and enjoy eating their vegetables with a good dressing. At least, that is what I have discovered.
Easy Pasta Salad Italian Shrimp
This Easy Pasta Salad Italian Shrimp includes seasoned sautéed shrimp, spiral pasta, a very fresh tomato, Italian blend shredded cheese, a chopped cucumber, and a half bottle of Italian Salad Dressing. I used Olive Garden Italian Dressing. I found this Olive Garden Dressing in my local Wal-Mart. You can substitute your favorite Creamy Italian Salad Dressing. The Light Italian Dressing works well, but I prefer using the regular version. It seems to coat the pasta better.
I have made this Easy Pasta Salad Italian Shrimp using chicken breast instead of the shrimp. I just sprinkle three chicken breasts well with Italian seasoning and garlic. Next, I bake the chicken in the oven, chop it up and use it in my salad. Both the Easy Pasta Salad Italian Shrimp and the Chicken version are excellent.Print
- 1 to 2 pounds of shrimp (peeled and cleaned) OR 3 large chicken breasts, seasoned with Italian seasoning and garlic, baked and cut up into small pieces. I used frozen shrimp, but if I had fresh shrimp, I would have used them.
- A couple of tablespoons of butter
- granulated garlic (used to season the chicken well)
- Italian seasoning (used to season the chicken well)
- 12-ounce package of Wacky Mac Pasta Small Spirals (these were enriched with tomato, beet & spinach)
- One cucumber chopped into small pieces
- One medium tomato chopped into small pieces
- Eight ounces-Creamy Italian dressing – I use Olive Garden dressing. You can purchase this at Wal-Mart.
- 1 cup Italian cheese, grated
- One teaspoon Italian seasoning for the pasta salad
- Melt the butter and add the shrimp. Sprinkle the shrimp well with granulated garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Remove from the skillet when the shrimp turn light pink. Do not over cook them.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Chop the cucumber and the tomato into bite size pieces.
- Add all the ingredients including the Italian dressing and the shredded cheese.
- I added an extra teaspoon of Italian seasoning at this point.
OTHER PASTA SALADS ON MY BLOG
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 5,000 people who follow our newsletter.