What is in this Tomato Cucumber Pasta Salad?
This Tomato Cucumber Pasta Salad includes pasta, tomato, cucumber, purple or sweet onion, Tomato Basil Ms. Dash or fresh Basil, Balsamic vinegar and Olive Oil.
I love all the fresh juicy fruits and brightly colored fresh vegetables . They are perfect in all of my Easy Pasta Salad Recipes including this one. It has a fresh vine ripe juicy tomato, a crisp cucumber, purple onion, spiral pasta, salt, pepper, basil, Balsamic Vinegar, and Olive Oil. The ingredients are simple but fresh. This Tomato Cucumber Balsamic Pasta Salad gets even better as the flavors marinate together.
Tomato Cucumber Balsamic Pasta Salad using a loaf of French Bread
I normally make this Tomato Cucumber Balsamic Pasta Salad using a loaf of French Bread instead of the pasta. See Tomato Salad with Bread recipe. Since I have been on a pasta kick and my kids seem to enjoy all the pasta salads, I decided to add pasta instead of the French Bread. This Tomato Cucumber Balsamic Pasta Salad turned out wonderful. I will say that the pasta version is still great the next day or two which is not true with the French Bread version of this salad.
If you like pasta salads, I have included at the bottom of this post a few pictures with links to some of my other pasta recipes on my blog.
- 3 tomatoes cut up in small bites
- 1 cucumber also cut up into small bites
- ½ of small purple or a Vidalia onion cut into small bites,
- 8 fresh basil leaves chopped or 1 tablespoon Tomato Basil Ms. Dash
- 12 ounces Spiral Pasta
- Two tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- The ratio for the oil and vinegar is 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar. You can adjust the vinegar and oil for your taste. I like using two
- Two tablespoons balsamic vinegar and ⅓ cup olive oil.
- Toss the salad to coat everything really well with the vinegar and oil.
- Marinate this salad about 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.
Other Pasta Salads On My Blog You May Enjoy