If you love Chocolate, this Triple Chocolate Super Moist Cake Mix Cake is the BEST!
Triple Chocolate Cake
I love baking from scratch, but when I am in a hurry, or I need to prepare dessert for a large group, I usually always depend on this quick and easy Chocolate Cake Mix recipe. It is the moistest cake you will ever eat. If you are not a baker, you can make this delicious cake and impress your guest. I often prepare this recipe in 12 one cup pound cake pans when I am baking for a large group. Individual cakes make it easier to serve. They also make a great presentation on a large serving tray. No matter which pan you decide to use, you will love this Triple Chocolate Super Moist Cake Mix Cake.
People ask me often what kind of chocolate I use. I have found that the best chocolate I can find in a grocery store is Ghirardelli. I love Ghirardelli chocolate and use it often when baking.
[Tweet “Easy Triple #Chocolate #Cake Mix Cake http://wp.me/p2XyTj-31b @recipesdlybread”]
FAVORITE TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CAKE – Adapted from Simply Southern Cookbook by Columbia Academy in Columbia, Tennessee.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) box chocolate instant pudding mix (dry)
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounces) carton sour cream
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix everything together, except the chocolate chips, with a whisk or an electric mixer just until combined.
- Use a spoon and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- -1-cup Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips (You can use Semi-Sweet Chocolate with 1 cup confectioners sugar)
- -1/2 cup heavy cream
- tiny pinches of salt
- I added 2 Tablespoon of real butter for a shine.
- Read more at http://ghirardelli.com/recipes-tips/recipes/semi-sweet-chocolate-glaze#iHqqogHad8KHjHmo.99
- The easiest way I have found to make ganache is heat the cream and butter to a boil. DO NOT BURN IT. You can heat it for a minute at a time in the microwave.
- Add the chocolate in a separate bowl.
- Pour the hot cream and butter over the chocolate.
- Allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Next, whisk the cream and chocolate until very smooth.