Why Egg Salad Sandwiches disappear in my house? These Egg Salad Sandwiches have the perfect combination of eggs, mayo, sweet relish, celery, and Cajun seasoning.
I am going to show you how to make this easy egg salad. See Recipe and Video in this post.
My family says Egg Salad Sandwiches are like eating deviled eggs but on bread. They all love them. I always use a dozen eggs to make this salad, and everyone complains it is never enough. You may want to read my post on Filling Up Teenagers who have a bottomless pit for a stomach.
Having these Egg Salad sandwiches ready-made to grab and go helps to fill everyone up. When I make them, my kids eat them for breakfast, lunch, and snacks until they are gone. They are getting protein and filling their stomachs with something besides junk food. My teenage son who plays sports needs extra protein. If you are looking for a great sandwich or snack to feed your children after school, or anytime, try to make these wonderful Egg Salad Sandwiches. I am sure you will watch them disappear as fast as they do in my family.
I doubled the recipe in the picture below and used 24 eggs.
My deviled eggs are so delicious topped with bacon. It just hit me when I was typing this post that I need to add crumbled bacon to this salad. See my oven fried bacon recipe.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped or mashed
- ½ cup mayo
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- one-half teaspoon black pepper
- And, ½ teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Paul Prudhomme's Vegetable Magic
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl. Cover and refrigerate or make sandwiches and refrigerate the sandwiches.