This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
These Fabulous Apple Muffins with a crumb topping are not only delicious but will make your house smell amazing. Fresh apples, allspice, and cinnamon make an amazing muffin.
These moist Apple Muffins are full of diced apples and fabulous spices. They kick my mornings off to an incredible start. A heavenly fragrant aroma fills your kitchen when baking these muffins. After smelling the goodness coming from the oven, I cannot wait to enjoy an apple muffin with a cup of hot coffee. Not only are the muffins so moist and flavorful but the crumb topping is full of goodness too. The topping is made of oats, brown sugar, butter and spices which get crunchy when baked.
This recipe was adapted from The Apple Barn Cookbook’s Fresh Apple Pound Cake. It is from one of our favorite restaurant in the Gatlinburg, Tennessee area. The Apple Barn uses fresh apples from their orchard. They make delicious apple everything including their apple fritters that are served before each meal.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1¼ cups pecans, chopped
- 4 cups apples, peeled and finely chopped (original recipe called for 2 cups)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- ½ cups oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- And, 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Plus, ½ cup butter, soften
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour, soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and set aside.
- Beat together the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is combined.
- Stir in the chopped apples and pecans. I used a mini food processor for the apples.
- Use a regular size ice cream scoop and scoop into cupcake baking liners.
- For the Crumble: Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon and soften butter.
- Add tablespoon on top of the muffins before baking.
- Bake the apple muffins for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Makes 24 muffins
Add unsifted flour, soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt to a bowl and then mix it well by hand with a whisk.
Make a well in your dry ingredients before adding your wet ingredients and gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
Use a mini food processor or small kitchen chopper to chop up the apples and pecans.
Always use an ice cream scoop to add the mix to the muffin or cupcake pans. Your cupcakes will be the same size and will bake evenly.
For the Crumble: Use your hands to combine everything and then break it up with a fork.
If you are in a hurry in the mornings, prepare the batter the night before and refrigerate it. Always, add the topping right before baking. I tried it this time, and it worked great.
If you are heading to Nashville, be sure to read these posts:
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.