Great sweet and salty combination. Fried Apples & Sausage is the perfect sweet and salty combination. When you add the apples and sausages in a skillet pancake, it is delicious.
This time of year I especially love Fried Apples. In the south, we eat them as a side dish or on top of ice cream or cake. Today, I decided to add some sausage to the fried apples. This Fried Apples & Sausage Skillet Pancake is truly a delicious sweet and salty combination. After cooking the apples and sausages, I added my delicious buttermilk pancake batter and baked it in a skillet. It could not be easier. You do not have to watch the pancakes or flip pancakes. Skillet pancakes are the easiest way to prepare pancakes for a crowd. The sausage, apples, and pancakes are an all in one skillet dish combine to make a delicious Fried Apples & Sausage Skillet Pancake.
I added my#pumpkin #sausage #skillet #pancake This pumpkin pancake is full of flavor, easy to make, super moist, and perfect for a delicious Fall breakfast.
I hope you noticed the Hiland Dairy Buttermilk I used to make this skillet pancake. I have always used Hiland Dairy products, so it was a perfect match for me to help promote them. Yes, Hiland Dairy gave me products to use in this recipe, however, the opinions expressed are my own. Hiland Dairy is farmer owned. They make delicious tasting products which are free of artificial growth hormones. This is important to me which is why I love using their dairy products.
If you live in Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas, you are probably already familiar with Hiland Dairy. Did you know they not only make milk, cheese, ice cream, half & half, heavy cream, butter, buttermilk, dips, and yogurt, but they also distribute fresh fruit juices, Red Diamond Teas, almond milk, and soy milk?
For more information about Hiland Dairy, like them on Facebook for special deals and announcements, and follow ,
5 APPLES RECIPES YOU MUST TRY THIS FALL
Join 4,750 people who receive our newsletter.
- 5 to 6 large apples, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 4 TB butter - half stick
- ½ cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 12 ounces traditional breakfast sausage links, cup in half
- BUTTERMILK PANCAKE
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Use a 10 inch oven proof skillet.
- Melt the butter and add the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and syrup.
- Stir in the apples.
- Stir & Cook the apples low and slow until tender.
- Add the sausage links.
- Chop the sausage links in half or thirds while cooking them.
- BUTTERMILK PANCAKE:
- Mix the flour, sugar, soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the buttermilk, milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Leave some lumps.
- Pour this pancake batter over the sausage and apples.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the batter of the center pancake.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,750 people who follow our newsletter.