Thank you for stopping by Recipes For Our Daily Bread to see these Cheese Biscuits.
If you like biscuits, you will love these Homemade Cheese Biscuits.
These Cheese Biscuits truly melt in your mouth. Homemade biscuits take time and a little trouble to make, but your love ones enjoying these biscuits will never forget them. Take this challenge and try these delicious biscuits. Something magical happens when you serve these Cheese Biscuits to your family and friends. The magic is the memories the biscuits create that reminds every one of special times with their mothers or grandmothers. So, my challenge to all of you is to create special memories with your family by learning to make Garlic Cheese Biscuits . If you have been afraid that your biscuits would not turn out, you can do it!! Just follow these steps.
Top these biscuits with the garlic butter recipe below for delicious Garlic Cheese Biscuits.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 TB double-acting baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter grated on a grater.
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar cheese, Sharp cheddar is a must in these biscuits.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 3 TB of melted butter to brush on top after removing from the oven
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add, the butter in a cast-iron skillet or a cast-iron biscuit pan
- Next, In a large bowl combine the sifted flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Grate the butter over the flour mixture.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture. If you do not have a pastry cutter, you can use a large fork. Combine the butter and the flour until the mixture has very fine crumbles.
- At this point, add the cheese.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and add the buttermilk and heavy cream.
- Combine all the ingredients until it forms a soft ball. I like to use my hands to form the ball.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface
- Roll dough out to ¾ inch thick and cut with a biscuit cutter or cookie cutter. Don't forget to flour the biscuit cutter. When you cut out a biscuit, turn the cookie cutter only ¼ of a turn.
- Place in the cast iron skillet or cookie sheet.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and brush with melted ¼ cup butter,1/4 tsp salt and ½ tsp garlic powder mixture for garlic biscuits.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,750 people who follow our newsletter.