This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
These no bake cookies are so fudgy and delicious. They are full of oatmeal, chocolate and peanut butter which makes a perfect combination. No Bake Cookies are super easy to make too.
I truly enjoy reviewing. It is like Christmas for me every time a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook arrives for me to review. They are all full of recipes that you and I would prepare. Gooseberry Patch collects recipes from people all over the country. These recipes are all family favorite recipes that have been prepared many times. I grew up in the deep south. We did not eat dinner growing up. We ate Supper. I know if the cookbook title has “Supper” in it, this 101 Stovetop Supper cookbook is going to have great recipes.
The Pictures!! They are large 5×7 beautiful mouth watering pictures. You will find a large picture for every recipe in Gooseberry’s 101 cookbook series. You can see an example of this in my picture just behind the plate of Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies.
Gooseberry 101 Stovetop Suppers has three Sections:
- Quick & Easy Recipes – We all need Quick & Easy Recipes now that school has started. Like: Meatball Soup, Vegetable Quesadillas, Stroganoff-Style Steak, Spicy Black Bean Chili, Pulled Chicken & Slaw, and many more Quick & Easy Recipes.
- Slowly Simmered – Includes great recipes like Corned Beef, Chicken & Dumplings, Beef Stew, Buttermilk Fried Chicken and many more.
- Serving a Crowd – Just my family alone could be considered a crowd but with football season coming up we could use some Crowd Pleasing Recipes. Like: Mac & Cheese, Tomato Soup, Creamy White Chili, Chicken Gumbo, Spaghetti & Meetballs, and many more great crowd pleasing recipes.
I always have a difficult time deciding which recipes to try. This time I chose Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, Sloppy Cowboys, and Chocolate Hazelnut Skillet Bars. I will be posting all of these recipes during my Gooseberry Patch’s 101 Stovetop Supper Cookbook Giveaway which will run between Monday, September 9, 2013 until Friday, September 20, 2013.
My family truly enjoyed these No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. I have made a similar version before but without the peanut butter. My family inhales everything I make with peanut butter. I catch my oldest sons, who are 17, eating a large spoon of peanut butter all the time, so I decided to surprise them with these cookies. These Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies disappeared faster than I could scoop them out on the wax paper. They were not only delicious but quick and easy prepare. I used my teaspoon size ice cream scoop which worked perfectly for scooping these cookies. The No Bake cookies were the perfect size to just pop in your month. My original recipe without the peanut butter calls these cookies “No Bake Cookies” which hints how quick they are to make. They would make a great after school treat to surprise your kids.
Use the Rafflecopter below and enter for a chance to win this great Gooseberry cookbook. If you have never used Rafflecopter, the easiest way to enter is to leave me a comment in my comment section. Next, click on Rafflecopter ‘JUST LEAVE A BLOG POST COMMENT” and hit done. It is that easy!
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups QUICK COOKING Oats, uncooked
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar, milk, and cocoa.
- Stir until everything has dissolved.
- Bring this mixture to a boil. Cook 1 minute after it starts boiling.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the vanilla, peanut butter, and oats.
- Mix well!
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. (I use a teaspoon size ice cream scoop)
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- Makes 2 dozen.
This contest for Gooseberry 101 Stovetop Suppers Cookbook is open to U.S. residents and will end on Friday, September 20, 2013. The winner will be notified by email. They will have 48 hours to reply.
Please note: Gooseberry Patch gave me a cookbook to review and one to giveaway, however the opinions expressed are my own.