Have you ever wrapped your green beans in bacon? These Green Bean Bundles with green beans, bacon, brown sugar, and garlic are amazing! Perfect sweet and salty combination.
Fresh Green Bean Bundles
Growing up we always had fresh green beans. I can remember sitting on the porch like Andy and Aunt Bee snapping beans. We lived close to several farmers. To fix our fresh green beans, we would saute bacon or a ham bone, add water or chicken broth, seasonings, a little sugar, and the green beans. The fresh green beans would cook low and slow until they just melted in your mouth.
After I got married, I ate my fresh green beans a little healthier by steaming them. I still liked to fix my green beans the way I grew up eating them on holidays until I tried these green bean bundles. These green bean bundles are now our family favorite holiday recipe. This recipe calls for fresh green beans, bacon, brown sugar, and a little seasoning.
Let’s remember to give God thanks in every situation this year. This is especially challenging during difficult times, but God wants us to acknowledge that He is in control. He wants us to trust Him and be thankful for every blessing He gives us.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 New International Version (NIV) Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Green Bean Bundles – adapted from Silver Dollar City’s Recipe Cookbook
- 2 pounds fresh green beans
- 12 slices thick bacon (partially cooked)
- Four tablespoons butter
- Three tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon each garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste
- Blanch green beans in salted boiling water for 10 minutes. Cool, beans in a cold pan of water.
- Wrap 1 slice of partially cooked bacon around a bundle of 10 to 12 green beans.
- Place in baking dish.
- Pour melted butter over beans.
- Sprinkle with 3 TB brown sugar, and ½ teaspoon garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
SOUTHERN GREEN BEANS
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,800 people who follow our newsletter.