This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
I love the Ham & Apple Sandwich so much at KRINGLA Bakery in Norway (Epcot). I decided to make it at home.
Kringle Bakery in Norway is located in Epcot. While visiting Disney, we look forward to visiting the bakery for their famous School Bread. It is a sweet cardamom bun filled with vanilla crème custard and topped with glazed and toasted coconut. This school bread is one of our favorite Disney Snacks. If you are headed to Disney, be sure to check out these snacks and all my Disney Restaurant Reviews. One day, I decided to try their Ham & Apple Sandwich. It was incredibly delicious. I had to try making one at home.
Kringle Bakery uses Apple Chutney for the sauce on their Ham & Apple Sandwich. I used Apple Butter with Petit Jean Smoked Ham, a variety of apples, and Muenster cheese. The flavors of this sandwich just scream fall. I love the contrast of the sweetness of the apple butter and apple with the gooey cheese and delicious smoked ham.
The secret to my sandwich may be the smoked ham. Petit Jean Ham Company is from Arkansas. They ship all over the country. I do not get paid to mention this Ham. My family simply loves Petit Jean Smoked Ham. It is indeed perfect for this Ham & Apple Grilled Cheese.
This Ham & Apple Grilled Cheese is easy to make. This Sandwich is perfect by itself or would go great with any soup you are serving this fall or winter. To me, nothing is better than warm buttery bread with melted ooey-gooey cheese. The kind of sandwich when you bite into it, and it leaves strings of cheese dangling everywhere. If the sandwich leaves a string of cheese on your chin, you know it is an excellent grilled cheese. I love a cheesy grilled cheese on a cold day. It is a pure pleasure to dunk it into a warm bowl of soup. But I also enjoy a gooey grilled cheese anytime and anywhere. This Ham & Apple Grilled Cheese is not only warm and comforting to me but extremely flavorful with apple butter, apples, smoked ham, and cheese.
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- 2 tablespoon apple butter
- 1 apple of your choice, cored and sliced - I make several sandwiches and slice a variety of apples.
- 2 to 4 slices Muenster cheese, depending on the size of your bread
- 2 to 4 slices ham, depending on the thickness
- Add the apple butter to one side of two pieces of bread.
- Add a slice of Muenster cheese on top of the apple butter.
- Layered the ham on top of the cheese.
- Add 2 to 4 sliced apples on top of the ham.
- Add a second piece of cheese on top of the apples.
- Place the other piece of bread with the apple butter on top of the apples and cheese.
- Butter the top outside piece of bread.
- SKILLET METHOD
- Add it to a medium hot skillet. If the skillet is too hot, the sandwich will burn. I like to place a lid on top for a couple of minutes. Make sure the sandwich is not burning.
- Butter the top of the sandwich and flip it over.
- Cook until the bottom piece of bread is golden brown.
- TO BAKE A LOT OF THESE SANDWICHES IN OVEN - This is always a great way to evenly brown the sandwich.
- Bake them in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- PANINI GRILL
- You can also place this sandwich on a panini grill and cook until golden brown.
Hot Ham & Apple Sandwich at Kringle Bakery in Epcot-Disney World review.
If you are looking for another terrific grilled cheese, check out these recipes.
Cayenne Ranch Chicken Grilled Cheese Makes You Happy Happy
Apple & Bacon Grilled Cheese