Summer is finally here. Cool off with this simple homemade Southern Watermelon Lemonade.
Nothing says summer better than a piece of cold Watermelon and a glass of cold lemonade. In this post, I am combining my love for watermelon and lemonade to make this delicious Watermelon Lemonade.
Below I added my Facebook live video where I am making Watermelon Lemonade.
Please join me every Friday on Facebook Live for easy recipe demonstrations.
How To Make Watermelon Lemonade?
To begin making this lemonade, you make a simple sugar by combining a cup of sugar with a cup of water. Heat it on the stove or even in the microwave until the sugar has dissolved. The water will turn clear when the sugar has dissolved. It only takes about a minutes. Cut up about 6 cups of watermelon and add it to a blender. Puree the watermelon in a blender or food processor and then put it in a strainer on top of a bowl. It should make about four cups of strained watermelon juice. While the watermelon is straining, juice enough lemons to make 1 cup fresh lemon juice. It will take around eight lemons.
To put the Watermelon Lemonade together, add four cups of cold water to a pitcher. Next, add in your simple syrup, sugar water, that has cooled, lemon juice, and strained Watermelon juice. To kick the Watermelon Lemonade up, even more, add 6 to 8 mint leaves. Stir it up and enjoy!
Watermelon Cutting Tip
I truly enjoyed watermelon when I was a child, and I still love it. All of my children were born in August, even my twins. I do not know how I would have survived August heat while pregnant without cold watermelon. It was not only delicious but helped with swelling. If you love watermelon as I do, check out my post about cutting a watermelon with no mess.
- One cup sugar
- One cup water
- Plus, One cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups cold water
- 6 cup watermelon, seedless
- 6 TO 8 mint leaves
- Heat the sugar and one cup of water in a small saucepan on low until sugar is dissolved completely.
- The sugar will go from cloudy to clear once it is dissolved.
- Add four cups of cold water to a pitcher.
- Pour the simple syrup made with the sugar and water into the pitcher.
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Puree the watermelon in a food processor or blender
- Strain the watermelon puree with a fine mesh.
- You should be left with 4 cups of watermelon juice.
- Add the Watermelon strain puree to the pitcher.
- Break up 6 to 8 mint leaves and add it to the pitcher.
- Stir well and enjoy or refrigerate.
Other Watermelon Recipe You May Enjoy
- Best WATERMELON CUPCAKES
- WATERMELON LIME SLUSHIE
- Skinny Watermelon Sorbet
- SUMMER WATERMELON SALAD WITH CUCUMBER, FETA AND MINT
- KIWI WATERMELON FRUIT POPSICLES
- NO-CHURN WATERMELON SHERBET
- WATERMELON ICE