Do you have leftover candy? Here is a simply delicious dessert idea.
Any chocolate candy or candy bars will work. I chopped up Reeses, Hershey bars, Twix, Butterfingers, Snickers, M & M’s, and Rolo’s.
My dream dessert is a warm brownie topped with ice cream, homemade whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and pecans. This time, I made my favorite dessert using leftover candy. Any leftover candy bars or any combination of leftover candy bars will work in this brownie dessert.
Making a Brownie Sunday is a great way to use up extra candy we normally have this time of the year. To make this brownie, I simply chopped up a cup of chocolate bars and added them to my favorite brownie mix, Ghirardelli. I even used a large Hershey bar to melt down for a delicious chocolate sauce. I melted the Hershey bar in the microwave. After melting the Hershey bar, I stirred it until the chocolate was very smooth. Next, I added this chocolate topping to a warm slice of brownie filled with leftover candy. I topped it with ice cream and homemade whipped cream.
Every dessert is special with homemade whipped cream. Whipped cream is simple to make by beating a cup of heavy cream with 1/4 cup of sugar until it whips up.
For another great idea for using up leftover candy, try my candy bar skillet cookie. If you love chocolate chip cookies, you will be crazy about this skillet cookie. Everything is made and baked in the same skillet. It is another simple, delicious, easy dessert.
Leftover Candy? Make Delicious Dessert
Author: Diane @Recipes for our Daily Bread
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 - 18-ounce box Brownie Mix - I used Ghirardelli
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped candy bars
- ice cream
- whipped cream
- chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Mix together the brownie mix, water, vegetable oil and the egg.
- Stir in 1 cup chopped chocolate candy.
- Place in an 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Cool and serve with ice cream, home whipped cream, chocolate sauce.
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- Melt additional chocolate candies in the microwave. Melt the chocolate 30 seconds at a time. Stir between each time until chocolate is smooth and creamy.
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- Using an electric mixer, mix together 1 cup heavy cream with ¼ cup sugar until it turns into whipped cream.
- Do Not over mix. or it will turn into butter.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,750 people who follow our newsletter.