Thank you for stopping by and checking out these M & M Mega cookies.
If you like BIG cookies, you will love these M & M Mega cookies. They have new Mega M & M’s in them.
I came across these new M & M’s at my local Walmart. They were truly huge or Mega M & M’s and I had to make cookies with them.
I am always looking for something new to put in my cookie dough. I love baking and sharing cookies with everyone. Nothing I make brings a smile on someone’s face more than a cookie, especially if it is a Mega cookie. Kids and adults both enjoy cookies.
My special needs son and the chief baker, Caleb, lights up from ear to ear while baking and handing out cookies he helps make. He loves baking and wearing his chef hat. 17 brain surgeries.
Mega M & M’s
I used these Mega M & M’s in my soft and gooey Chocolate Chip cookie dough and came up with these Mega M & M cookies. I also used my largest ice cream scoop, 1/4 cup. These cookies are truly mega cookies with Mega M & M’s. They were a hit. I plan on making these cookies a whole lot more. I will be baking them soon for my son’s baseball team. We will also be baking these cookies this week for a neighborhood garage sale. Caleb and my youngest daughter are planning on selling cookies and lemonade. This will be a great experience handling money for both of them.
Want To Download 15 Cookie Recipes?
Join 5,000 people who receive our newsletter.
Baking Cookie Tip
- Use butter and eggs at room temperature. You should be able to leave a finger print easily in the butter.
- Whip the butter, shortening, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Do not over mix the flour!
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until you do not any powder and everything is incorporated.
- Use parchment paper – I love parchment paper when baking. Once you remove the cookies from the oven, just slide the parchment paper off the baking sheet with the cookies still on it. This will allow them to cool.
- Use an ice cream scoop when scooping out your cookies. This way they will all be the same size and will bake evenly.
- Scoop the cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can put the cookies closer together on the baking sheet when freezing them than when you are baking them. If you scoop the cookie dough out first and then freeze it, you do not have a problem with the dough being as hard as a rock and you cannot scoop it out of a container. After scooping out the cookie dough, place the baking pan in the freezer until the cookies are frozen. Place frozen cookies into large freezer zip lock bags and store in the freezer. This helps the cookies when baking. The cookies do not spread out so much. Also, you will have cookies on hand in case of an emergency.
- Do not overcook your cookies. Once you remove the cookies from the oven, they will continue to bake.
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon baking soda
- And, 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 TB pure vanilla
- Two whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 large bags of Mega M & M’s (about 3-1/2 to 4 cups)
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the soft butter and shortening
- Mix in the granulated sugar and brown sugar until very creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the pure vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients which you sifted JUST until blended. Do not over mix.
- Mix by hand 2 bag of Mega M & M’s into the dough.
- Use an ice cream scoop and drop cookies onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- BAKING TIP: Place the pan of cookie dough in the freezer at least 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20-23 minutes if using a 1/3 cup ice cream scoop. Bake 15 minutes if using a regular size 1/4 cup ice cream scoop.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 5,000 people who follow our newsletter.