This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Are you looking for an amazing apple cake to help celebrate fall?
This Fresh Apple Cake is a copy cat recipe from The Apple Barn Restaurant in Sevierville, Tennessee.
HOW TO MAKE MOISTEST FRESH APPLE CAKE
How did I get this apple cake recipe? We love visiting Gatlinburg, Tennessee during the fall. The Smokey Mountains come alive with all the beautiful colors of Autumn. Not only is the colors amazing but the streams trickle down like soothing music all through the hills. It is relaxing to see and hear the water flowing. One of our favorite things is to stop along the streams and see who can skip the best rocks. It sounds silly, but we have a lot of fun seeing how far our rocks will skim the water. It is also fun seeing who can stand in the cold water the longest. While visiting the Gatlinburg area, the Apple Barn Restaurant is a must stop.
Apple Barn Restaurant
The Apple Barn Restaurant is located on Apple Valley Road in Sevierville, Tennessee. In 1976, the owners planted an apple orchard. Then in 1981 “The Apple Barn and Cider Mill” was built. It is a unique down-home country cooking restaurant that serves incredibly delicious food. You start your meal with the best Apple Fritters. They bring the fritters to the table as soon as you sit down. The apple fritters are hot and excellent and served with perfect homemade apple butter. Stop by and check out their apple fritter recipe here.
The apple cake recipe came from The Apple Barn Cookbook. I doubled the apples and added a little more seasonings. This apple cake is super moist and tastes terrific.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- One teaspoon baking soda
- One teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- Three large eggs, room temperature
- Two teaspoons vanilla
- 1¼ cups pecans, chopped
- 4 cups apples, peeled and finely chopped (original recipe called for 2 cups)
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Two teaspoons cinnamon
- BROWN SUGAR TOPPING
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- Two teaspoons milk
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour, soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and set aside.
- Beat together the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is combined.
- Stir in the chopped apples and pecans. I used a mini food processor for the apples.
- Bake 325 degrees for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- BROWN SUGAR TOPPIN:
- Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Spoon over warm cake.
HOW TO MAKE Apple Pie Parfait
HOW TO MAKE Apple Crisp Granola
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.