This Monterey Jack Creamed Corn is super easy to prepare delicious and cheesy.
I grew up shucking corn and eating delicious fried corn. Nothing is better than fresh-cut corn, but I have found an excellent way to prepare frozen cut corn. This Corn also disappears in my house just as fast as fresh fried corn. Fried corn is made by cutting fresh corn off the cobb. You cook 3 or 4 pieces of bacon hard and then remove them from the pan. Add the sweet corn to the skillet with the bacon grease. Next, add some fresh pepper, a pinch of salt, and a pinch or two of sugar. I add a splash of heavy cream and some butter.
Use Frozen Corn
When I cannot get fresh corn, I love preparing this Corn from frozen cut corn. It is similar, but I add a little-granulated garlic, Monterey Jack cheese, and Colby Jack cheese. The garlic and cheese make this dish extra creamy, tasty and delicious. Another great benefit of preparing Monterey Jack Creamed Corn is that it is easy to prepare. No corn shucking is required!
- 1 - 24-ounce pack frozen cut corn
- 4 ounces butter
- small sweet onion diced tiny
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- One-half cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- Plus, ½ cup Colby Jack cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and sauté the onion.
- Add the heavy cream.
- Add the pepper and garlic.
- Stir in both the Monterey and Colby Jack cheese.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,800 people who follow our newsletter.