These Orange Crescent Rolls were such a hit at my house. I recently saw a recipe for Orange Rolls from Southern Living Heirloom Recipe Cookbook. These Southern Living Crescent Rolls were made from scratch. After baking them, they added this delicious Orange Glaze all over the Crescent Rolls. They sounded amazing, but who has time to make Crescent Rolls from scratch, especially in the mornings.
Orange Crescent Rolls
Since I blog about Easy Recipes that everyone can make quickly, I decided to use Pillsbury Crescent Rolls to make easy Orange Crescent Rolls. I also blended some cream cheese and sugar together and stuffed the crescent rolls with cream cheese filling. After baking them, I added this amazing Orange Glaze. OH MY! These rolls were not only super easy to make but an over the fence, out the park home run. Amazing! I will be making these Orange Crescent Rolls many, many more times.
My father, Carl, grew up in Winter Haven, Florida in 1930’s & 40’s.
He loved oranges and anything with oranges in it. My dad told me how he would walk through the orange grove barefooted to get to and from school. He would always stop and eat an orange. My father is no longer with us, but I still remember all his stories he shared about growing up in Florida. Oranges were a big part of his life. My father and most of his family worked at some point and time in the orange groves or the orange factories. I inherited my dad love for oranges. I love them, and everything made with oranges including these Out of the Park Super Easy Orange Crescent Rolls.
Whisk Your Glaze
Be sure to whisk your glaze together and not just stir it. When I got to the bottom of my pot of glaze, it was not mixed well. It was still amazing!Print
- 2 package Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 2 packages Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- zest from 1 large orange, at least 1 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup butter
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Unroll each crescent roll and 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture into each one.
- Roll the crescent roll back up and seal the ends together with your fingertips.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown at 350 degrees.
- GLAZE FOR ORANGE ROLLS:
- Combine the sour cream, sugar, orange juice, zest, and a stick of butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk everything together.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour over warm rolls.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 5,000 people who follow our newsletter.