This gooey Pesto Chicken Grilled Cheese simply melts in your mouth. It is a delicious spin on a grilled cheese.
OUTSTANDING PESTO CHICKEN GRILLED CHEESE
Do you love a good grilled cheese sandwich? Are you here looking for a delicious, easy hot sandwich for lunch or dinner? If so, I am so thrilled you have landed on this post.
What is in this Pesto Chicken Grilled Cheese?
This grilled cheese includes pesto, chicken, two slices of Italian bread, three slices of Provolone cheese, bacon and a slice of tomato. It is creamy, gooey flavorful deliciousness.
What Pesto do I use?
I used my homemade pesto to make this Pesto Chicken Grilled Cheese, but I have also used store bought pesto in this sandwich. My homemade pesto is full of garlic and includes lots of spinach with I love. It only takes a few minutes to make in a blender or food processor, but sometimes I purchase the store-bought pesto for convenience. In fact, I just got home from Sam’s Club where I bought a huge container of pesto. I cannot wait to make this pesto chicken grilled cheese and my Pesto Chicken Pasta soon.
How do I cut my chicken breast?
A whole chicken breast is too thick in this grilled cheese. For everything to heat up and melt as it should, I slice my chicken breast in half horizontal. I slice it the same way you would butterfly it. If you need to see an example, I demonstrate it in two of my other favorite grilled cheese sandwiches. BBQ Bacon Grilled Cheese and Cayenne Ranch Chicken Grilled Cheese
Cook the bacon in the oven. It is easy to do and requires no clean up. You simply toss the foil you lined the pan within the oven. See Oven Fried Bacon recipe here.
Check out my Ham & Apple Grilled Cheese for a terrific sweet and savory treat. If was featured on RecipeLion.
- 2 pieces Italian Bread
- 3 slices Provolone Cheese
- tomato slice, thinly sliced
- 1 chicken breast, butterflied and cooked, cut only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="58" data-gr-id="58">chicken in half by butterflying it but cut it through.
- 4 tablespoons pesto, about 2 per slice of bread
- 1 to 2 slices bacon
- HOMEMADE PESTO RECIPE
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ cups pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons chopped garlic - 12 cloves
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated
- HOMEMADE PESTO
- In a food process, I used my Vitamix, add the walnuts, pine nuts, and garlic.
- Process until smooth about 30 seconds.
- Add the basil and spinach leaves, salt, and pepper.
Slowpour the olive oil through the top of the feed tube.
- Process until completely blended.
- Add the cup of Parmesan cheese until combined.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,800 people who follow our newsletter.