This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Early this week I posted a recipe video for a Pimento Cheese Bacon Burger. It turned out so well that I decided to make a grilled cheese using the homemade Pimento Cheese. Ooey, Gooey, and Delicious!!
Pimento Cheese Recipe – I adapted this recipe from Best of the Best from the Mid-South Cookbook. Gwen McKGee and Barbara Moseley have Best of the Best Cookbooks from over 40 states. I have several of their cookbooks, and I truly enjoy them. I did add minced garlic to this recipe.
- 1 (4 ounces) jar chopped pimentos, drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 pound Sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Colby cheese, grated
Mix everything, except for the cheese, using a blender or food processor. Stir the cheese in by hand. Store in a sealed container and refrigerate.