This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
After seeing Rachael Ray preparing this burger, my husband and I said at the same time that we needed to try it!
It caught our attention with the Maple Bacon, but the Fried Egg made us extremely curious to how this burger would taste. We love Maple Bacon and Fried Eggs. We also love hamburgers of any kind. Give me a very juicy hamburger that is dripping all over, loaded with onions, mushrooms, barbecue sauce, bacon, lettuce, and tomato, any day of the week and I will be extremely excited. Unfortunately, my husband and one of my 16-year-old sons could eat a hamburger not only every dinner but for breakfast too. I am not kidding when I say my son wants a homemade juicy hamburger for breakfast. I could not wait to see what he thought about this burger. It was a hit! We all truly enjoyed it. You could taste the mustard in this burger. The combination of the mustard, sweet maple bacon, fried egg, and the toasted bun was very delicious. (Just for the record, we have not had hamburgers for breakfast yet nor do we eat hamburgers everyday or more than once a week, although many in my family would want to.)
- Rachael Ray's Cabin In The Woods Burger with Bacon and Eggs see this link for her orginal recipe.
- ½ pound thick cut bacon - I used black pepper bacon
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ grated onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese - Rachael added a piece of sliced cheddar cheese on top of each burger just before removing the burger from the pan.
- •melted butter for toasting the hamburger buns and frying the eggs.
- Preheat the oven for 375 degrees.
- Prepare the pan with aluminum foil and place the bacon on it.
- Ten minutes before the bacon is done remove it from the oven.
- Brush the maple syrup all over the bacon and return it back to the oven for 10 minutes. For details on preparing OVEN FRIED BACON SEE MY OTHER POST.
- Prepare the hamburgers by combining the ground beef, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, grated onion, grated cheese, salt and pepper.
- Form into patties and drizzle with Olive Oil.
- Cook the burgers for about 7 minutes in a hot cast iron skillet.
- Flipping them once during this time.
- Melt some butter in the frying pan and toast each hamburger bun until golden brown.
- After you remove the golden brown buns, add additional butter and fry enough eggs to your liking for each one of the hamburgers.
- Add some mayo to the top and bottom of each bun and place a hamburger on the bottom bun. Add the fried egg and the bacon and place the top bun on.
- Enjoy with lots of napkins!
If you are not a meat eater, read my post on The juiciest Hamburger Ever! Portobello Mushroom Burger – pictures.
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.