This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Rice & Eggs which was My Daddy’s Dish is quick, easy, inexpensive and delicious.
I cannot fix Rice & Eggs without thinking of my daddy. He passed away over twenty years ago when I was in my early twenties. The picture at the bottom of this post is my father and me on my wedding day. One reason my father was special is that I knew that if I needed him, he was always there for me. Just like my heavenly Father, who is always there for me.
The Bible says in Isaiah 41:10 “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”
My father was a single parent during my teenage years. He raised four teenagers and did a pretty good job. He loved to cook Rice and Eggs for breakfast. One reason he fixed it often is we loved it. I believe the other reason was it was inexpensive and made enough to fill all of us up. Today, it is one of my children’s favorite things for breakfast. I change it up often by trying lots of different ingredients in it. See all the variations of Rice & Eggs below. This recipe for Rice and Eggs with Country Ham and cheese is one of our favorite ways to eat Rice and Eggs. I hope you will try this easy and delicious breakfast.
Variations of Rice & Eggs:
- white rice & eggs (the way I grew up eating it)
- brown rice & eggs (the way I fix it now)
- rice & Eggs with Country Ham and cheese (which is the recipe below)
- crumbled sausage and cheese
- rice and eggs with cooked, crumbled bacon and cheese
- with vegetables like onions and bell pepper (saute the vegetables)
- rice and eggs are even delicious with yellow rice
Rice and Eggs are quick, easy, inexpensive and delicious. Save your leftover rice or fix some just for this dish.
Adjust this recipe to fit your family size. This recipe will feed 6 – 8 people.
- ¾ pound of Country Ham or ham of your choice, chopped
- 2 TB of butter to the pan.
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- Eight eggs whisked
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheese
- Chop and fry the ham.
- Remove the ham from the pan.
- Add the butter.
- Add the two cups of cooked rice.
- Saute it in the butter and ham drippings for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk 8 eggs with ¼ cup of milk and add it to the rice and ham.
- Add 1 cup of shredded Sharp Cheese on top of the eggs.
- The eggs will be done as soon as the cheese melts.