This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
These Roasted Whole Chickens with Garlic Butter are extremely moist and delicious. If you are a mushroom fan, be sure to add them. They soak up the garlic butter and are amazing!
These Roasted Whole Chickens make an easy one pot dinner. Whole Chickens are a pretty inexpensive way to feed your family. This recipe is super moist. For lots of flavor, use an injector and inject melted butter directly into each whole chicken. I add garlic, Greek seasoning, and Parmesan cheese on the outside of the chicken. I also added some chopped onions and zucchini along with sliced mushrooms. The vegetables absorb the butter and seasonings, and they are amazing. The mushrooms are especially my favorite. Every time I make Roasted Whole Chickens I am so tempted only to add mushrooms. The mushrooms especially absorb the seasonings and taste amazing. If you are looking for an inexpensive, delicious recipe to feed your family, try these Roasted Whole Chickens with Garlic Butter.
Roasted Whole Chicken with Garlic Butter
Author: Recipes for our Daily Bread
Recipe type: Entree/Chicken
- 2 Whole Chickens
- 3 Teaspoons Cavenders
- 2 sticks real butter
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 to 3 yellow squash
- 1 med onion sliced thin
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 450 degrees
- Wash whole chickens
- Place the chickens in a large roaster.
- Inject a stick of melted butter into each whole chicken
- sprinkle each chicken with 1 teaspoon of Greek seasoning (I use Cavenders) and 1 teaspoon granulated garlic.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the sliced mushrooms, sliced onion, and large sliced yellow squash.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of Greek seasoning on the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan Cheese all over the chicken and vegetables.
- Return to the oven at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Depending on how large your chickens are.
- Remove the chicken when the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.
See my latest review on my travel blog, Our American Travels. Disney’s Kona Cafe Review. It is located at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.