the mushrooms absorb all the flavor of the sausage, cheese, garlic, and seasonings which make this Mushroom Alfredo so delicious.
This creamy Mushroom Alfredo recipe is made at my house weekly. To make it different, I use different kinds of pasta and vegetables with this Alfredo almost each week. I have done Blackened Salmon Pasta Alfredo, Tortellini Alfredo Spinach & Sausage, , and Blackened Chicken Alfredo. They are all incredibly delicious, but this Sausage Mushroom Alfredo is one of my favorites. I cannot tell you how amazing the mushrooms are. They truly absorb all the flavors of the garlic, blackening, Parmesan and Italian sausage. I use Italian sausage which also adds a lot of flavors. This pasta has two tablespoons of blackening. It is not hot nor spicy but has a ton of flavor. This pasta was a mouth dropping, home run out of the park recipe. The flavors were incredible!
Sausage Mushroom Alfredo
Author: Diane @Recipes for our Daily Bread
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage, browned
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- Two tablespoons of blackening seasoning
- Two tablespoons of minced garlic
- One teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces Penne Pasta OR 12 ounces of Fettuccine. I used Fusilli Bucati. NO more than 12 ounces.
- Two tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups half and half
- 1- ½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package and drain.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground sausage.
- Add the two tablespoons of butter.
- Add the garlic, blackening, and pepper to the skillet.
- Stir in the whipping cream (heavy cream) half and half.
- Bring the cream to a boil.
- Add the sliced mushrooms.
- Reduce the heat and continue cooking until mixture starts to thicken and mushrooms are tender.
- Add the cooked pasta.
- Mix in the grated Parmesan Cheese until melted.
- The Alfredo will thicken up as it sits. If it gets too thick, add a few tablespoons of half and a half.