This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
This Shrimp Scampi over Zucchini Pasta is a special treat. I replace the pasta for zucchini pasta to make it healthier.
This shrimp scampi over zucchini pasta with garlic butter is incredibly delicious.
Shrimp Scampi is popular where I grew up in L.A., lower Alabama, near the Gulf. It is so easy to purchase fresh shrimp in my hometown of Mobile, Alabama. You can get fresh shrimp at fish markets, right off a boat, or from a fisherman/shrimper selling them on the side of the road. The shrimp are fresh and always delicious. My favorite ways to eat shrimp are fried, boiled or in shrimp scampi. Who does not love garlic butter? Shrimp Scampi is usually nothing but shrimp, butter, and lots of garlic. I could seriously eat pounds of shrimp scampi all by myself. Here in Arkansas, we are not near the Gulf. Our shrimp are just never very big or fresh. I enjoy Red Lobster, but their shrimp scampi does not compare to eating shrimp scampi near the Gulf in South Alabama. So, when our new Whole Foods opened up in Little Rock last week. My son had to get some bison meat, see Casey’s buffalo steak recipe here, and I had to get some shrimp. I saw the huge sign over the shrimp that read Fresh Gulf Shrimp, and I had to get some. I was not disappointed. They were huge and incredibly delicious. I decided to make shrimp scampi pasta with the shrimp I purchased. To make it a little healthier, I replaced the pasta with zucchini pasta. I got a new kitchen gadget during Christmas called Veggetti that I used to make the zucchini pasta. See my Veggetti post below. This shrimp scampi over zucchini pasta was a delicious and pretty healthy treat.
Shrimp Scampi over Zucchini Fettuccine
Author: Diane @Recipes for our Daily Bread
Recipe type: Entree/Shrimp
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and devein
- ¼ cup (1 stick) real butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- One tablespoon fresh minced garlic - way more flavor in fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes - Not Hot
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- Two tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcheshire Sauce
- Two medium zucchini
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Extra Parmesan cheese to top it with.
- Peel and devein the shrimp
- Use a mandolin or Veggetti to make noodles out of the zucchini.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the salt, pepper, crushed red pepper
flakesand fresh minced garlic.
- Saute the garlic 3 to 5 minutes. Do Not Burn the garlic.
- Toss in the peeled shrimp and cook until light pink flip over to
other side. 3 or 4 minutes total.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet.
- Toss in the zucchini pasta and heat until warm.
- Add the lemon juice and Worchesshire sauce.
- Put the shrimp back into the skillet with the zucchini and toss.
- Add the freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Plate with sprinkled Parmesan cheese on top.