Chicken Pot Pie is a fantastic comfort food.
This Skillet Chicken Pot Pie is an easy way to make a pot pie. Everything is made and baked in a skillet.
Skillet chicken pot pie is not only made and cooked in the same skillet, but it is incredibly flavorful. The flavor explodes with onion, garlic, celery soup, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. As a result, this skillet chicken pot pie is fantastic, and a must fix for your family this fall.
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie reminds me of a time where everyone celebrated family and food around the table. It is the ultimate comfort food. A warm comforting chicken pot pie brings back memories. I have several ways I enjoy preparing chicken pot pie including CHICKEN POT PIE GARLIC DROP BISCUITS, CHICKEN POT PIE IN PUFF PASTRY and this Skillet Chicken Pot Pie. To make this skillet chicken pot pie, I used my favorite skillet, a 12 inch Lodge cast iron skillet.
SKILLET CHICKEN POT PIE TIPS:
- Baked three chicken breast and chopped them up for this recipe. To make this pot pie even easier, use a rotisserie chicken.
- Use a medium size potato which I cut up very small dime size pieces. To make it even easier, try a cup of frozen cubed potatoes.
- Do not use any skillet smaller than 12 inches. Place a piece of foil in the oven.
- One can chicken broth
- A can condense cream of celery soup
- One can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup half and half
- Three large chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small pieces (I seasoned my chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic before baking)
- One small diced onion
- 1 pound frozen mixed veggies (16 ounces)
- One teaspoon each salt, pepper, and garlic
- 1½ tsp poultry seasoning
- One potato. Diced very small
- Three eggs, boiled and sliced
- one Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust
- Peel and dice the potato in very small pieces.
- In a large skillet, mix the soups, salt, pepper, garlic, poultry seasoning, vegetables, and diced onion and mix well.
- Stir in the cooked chopped chicken diced potato and sliced eggs.
- Combine all ingredients and level out in a 12 in oven proof skillet. I used a 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- Place a pie crust the skillet.
- Cut a couple of slits in the crust.
- Lightly brush the crust with a beaten egg white.
- Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until bubbly and the golden crust.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 5,000 people who follow our newsletter.