Thank you for stopping by and checking out this easy to make Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza.
Are you here because you love easy recipes, slow cooker, pizza or a combination of both? You have landed on the perfect post.
Did you know you can use your slow cooker to make crispy pizza? This Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Pizza turned out great, and it was easy to make.
I use my slow cooker for different reasons during different seasons. During the summer, the slow cooker cooks without heating up the entire house. Summer slow cooker meal ideas include Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza, Meaty Pizza, Cheesy Hash Browns and Ham, and more.
Using Slow Cooker in Winter
Since I live in the south, this is a huge benefit. In the winter, I enjoy so many soups like the homemade chicken noodle, chicken tortilla, gumbo, chili, beans, and much more that are easy to prepare using a crock-pot. The best advantage of using the slow cooker is when you get home from a long, exhausting day; dinner is ready. It makes me feel like the modern-day June Cleaver when I say “Dinner is Served.” I almost want to start singing “Be our guest, Be our Guest” from Beauty and the Beast. So, I know I am a little obsessed with my slow cooker, but I cannot help it when I smell all the enticing, alluring smells coming from the kitchen with such little effort.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
A couple of months ago, I decided to try to make a pizza in my slow cooker. My family was skeptical, and I too was not sure it would work. I used refrigerated pizza dough and placed it in the bottom of the slow cooker. We added our favorite toppings. I was so excited it worked! After having success making a slow cooker pizza, I had to try it again using some other of our favorite toppings. My family enjoys Barbecue Chicken Pizza so I could not wait to try making it in my slow cooker. My BBQ Chicken Pizza also turned out great. Pizza cooks and the edges get crispy in the slow cooker. Who Knew? Now, I know.
Sharing a Slow Cooker Secret with this Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Pizza
I am sharing a big secret with you today. When using my slow cooker for meatloaf, cornbread, or anything that will be difficult to get out of the slow cooker, I add these foil handles. I make them using two pieces of 18 x 6-inch heavy duty foil. Fold them in half to make two 18 x 3-inch pieces. I then spray the slow cooker well and place the foil in an X pattern in the bottom of the slow cooker. Spray the foil after placing them into the slow cooker. When your meat, bread, or in this case your pizza is done, it is super easy to lift food right out of the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Pizza
Author: Diane @recipesforourdailybread
Recipe type: Entree
- 11 ounce can be of Pillsbury Pizza Thin Crust Pizza dough (found with the canned biscuits)
- ⅔ cup barbecue sauce, divided into two ⅓ cups
- Two boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ of small purple onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- add, ¾ teaspoon salt
- and, ¾ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with a cooking spray.
- Use heavy duty foil 18 inches wide by 6 inches and fold the foil in half. (18 x 3)
- Place the 18 inches by 3-inch pieces of foil in the slow cooker like a big X.
- Spray the foil with a cooking spray.
- Unroll the Pizza dough and place it over the foil on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- The pizza dough will go up the sides of the slow cooker about an inch.
- Add ⅓ cup barbecue sauce on the top of the pizza dough.
- Chop the chicken and add it to the top of the pizza dough and the bbq sauce.
- Add a layer of very thin slices of purple onion.
- Drizzle the remaining ⅓ cup of barbecue sauce on top of the chicken and onions.
- Top this with 2 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on high for 2 - ½ hours.
If you love pizza, be sure to check out my travel blog at Our American Travels. I reviewed Anthonino’s On The Hill in St. Louis. It has some of the best Italian food I have ever had.