This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Are you looking for a delicious cheesy comfort soup recipe? You will not be disappointed with this gooey Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese soup.
What is in this Broccoli Cheese Soup?
Use your slow cooker and combine two 10 ounce bags frozen chopped broccoli, grated carrots, onion, chicken broth, cheddar cheese soup, seasoned salt, black pepper, Cajun seasoning, granulated garlic, sharp cheddar cheese and heavy cream.
Rich n’ creamy, easy slow cooker broccoli cheese soup! This soup is so tasty you will crave it. It has been an exceptionally warm February, but I had to prepare one more slow cooker soup before the weather gets hot. Let your slow cooker do the work when fixing this terrific broccoli cheese soup. You simply toss everything into a crockpot and turn it on. Dinner is really whenever you are ready to eat?
Why do I use frozen broccoli in this broccoli cheese soup?
You may question why I use frozen broccoli in this soup. Well, I always have it on hand, and it cooks down beautifully in this soup. Plus, you do not have to chop it up. You simply purchase two ten ounce bags of frozen broccoli and empty them into the slow cooker. How difficult can that be? Anyone can open a bag of frozen broccoli and toss it into a slow cooker.
After cooking the soup three hours, smash the broccoli using a fork, potato masher until you reach desired consistency. If you like your broccoli more blended, use an immersion blender. Be careful with an immersion blender! Soup is very hot. I like my broccoli cheese soup to have tiny pieces of broccoli and not totally blended.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
- two 10 ounce bags frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup Carrots, grated
- 1 Onion, small
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- One can cheddar cheese soup
- Use, One teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- One teaspoon black pepper
- And, one teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- One teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese, sharp
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Spray slow cooker with a cooking spray.
- Add the chopped onion and carrots to the slow cooker.
- Pour in the chicken stock.
- Add the seasoning salt, pepper, garlic, Cajun seasoning and granulated garlic.
- Cook on high for 3 hours in slow cooker.
- Remove the lid
- Smash the broccoli using a fork, potato masher or immersion blender until you reach desired consistency.
- I like tiny pieces but not totally blended.
- Add the heavy cream and the cheddar cheese
- Continue cooking until cheese is melted about 30 min,
- Serve with additional cheese
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.