This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
How did I come up with this Slow Cooker Macaroni Pizza Soup recipe?
My family enjoys my slow cooker Lasagna soup. I decided to use the same basic recipe but make a pizza soup. Instead of using lasagna noodles, I used Macaroni pasta and pepperoni. Even though the picture does not show the stringy Mozzarella on top of the pizza soup, you will have to trust me. I genuinely forgot to add it before taking the picture. The warm soup melts the cheese, and you have a stringy, gooey delicious topping.
Oh, How I love Paul Prudhomme Pasta Seasoning
My secret ingredient to add to any pizza or pasta recipe is Paul Prudhommes’s Pizza Pasta Magic. I am not an affiliate with Paul Prudhomme seasonings, but I simply love his products. Paul Prudhomme is a famous New Orlean’s chef, and he knows how to season food well. I can find Pizza Pasta Magic at my local Walmart and Kroger. If you do not find it in your store, use your favorite Italian seasoning.
HOW TO MAKE KID FRIENDLY SLOW COOKER PIZZA SOUP
Author: Recipes for our Daily Bread
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 – Pounds of ground meat; Italian sausage, beef or turkey, or any combination. I use 1 pound Italian sausage and 1 pound turkey
- One large onion, finely chopped
- ½ of green bell pepper chopped fine
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 – 24-ounce containers spaghetti sauce
- Four teaspoons Italian seasoning – I use Paul Prudhomme’s Pizza Pasta Magic
- Two tablespoons minced garlic
- 16 ounces dried macaroni pasta
- Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- In a large skillet, brown 2 pounds of ground meat
- Place it into a slow cooker.
- Add the finely chopped onion and bell pepper.
- Pour in the chicken broth and spaghetti sauce.
- Season with the garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Add half of a 6-ounce pack of pepperoni
- Cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 2.5 hours.
- Add the pasta
- Continue cooking for 45 min to an hour.
- Add fresh grated Mozzarella cheese on top when serving.
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.