This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Are you looking for an extremely delicious soup? I have made this Slow Cooker Sausage Tortellini Soup three times in the past two weeks.
This soup is one of my family favorite soups. I never dreamed my family would beg for this soup three times in two weeks. Today, I am going to teach you how to make it.
What is in this Slow Cooker Sausage Tortellini Soup?
This Sausage Tortellini Soup includes a 20-ounce package Cheese Tortellini ( I use Buitoni), pound ground sausage, chicken broth, tomato soup, grated carrots, fresh spinach, cream cheese, Italian seasoning, Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic and granulated garlic.
After the first bite of this Slow Cooker Sausage Tortellini Soup, we all looked at each other and said: “this is the best soup I have ever had.” I still enjoy my Chicken Tortilla Soup, Chicken Pot Pie Soup, Turkey & Wild Rice Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Cheeseburger Soup, Chili, and more, but I think this Slow Cooker Sausage Tortellini Soup is everyone’s new favorite.
I added sausage, spinach, carrots, condensed tomato soup, Ms. Dash Tomato Basil, and Garlic, to make a Cheese Tortellini soup recipe incredibly tasty. The original recipe was basic with chicken broth, cream cheese, Italian seasoning, and Cheese Tortellini. After making this soup several times, I learned that it is best to add the Cheese Tortellini the last hour of cooking. I hope you will try this soup and let me know what you think. I am not kidding when I say it is now our family’s favorite soup.
Cream cheese should be at room temperature.
Before adding the cream cheese to the soup, place it in a small bowl with a cup of the hot broth from the crock pot.
Mix until the cream cheese dissolves.
After you brown the sausage, add the cream cheese to the skillet with the meat. Adding the cream cheese to the hot skillet will melt the cream cheese and makes a creamier soup.
- 20-ounce package Cheese Tortellini ( I use Buitoni)
- 1 pound package ground sausage, browned
- Two - 32 ounces of chicken broth
- One 10 ounces can condense tomato soup
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- one 8 ounce package cream cheese
- One tablespoon Italian seasoning (I use McCormick Perfect Pinch)
- One tablespoon Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic
- One teaspoon granulated garlic
- Brown and drain the sausage.
- Add the browned sausage to the crock-pot.
- Add all the other ingredients except the tortellini, cream cheese, and spinach.
- Last Hour of cooking mix the cream cheese and one cup of the hot broth from the slow cooker to the cream cheese.
- Mix the broth and cream cheese until smooth and add it to the crock pot.
- Add the tortellini and spinach.
- Cook an additional hour on high.
- Cook about 3 & ½ hours on highs total.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
ACCESSORIES SLOW COOKER
Do you need easy and delicious soup recipes to help you warm up this winter? Maybe an easy slow cooker recipe? How about these Soup Recipes? They are Tried and True Family Favorites and I am going to show you how to prepare them.
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.