Are you looking for an extremely delicious soup? I have made this Slow Cooker Sausage Tortellini Soup three times in the past two weeks.
I added sausage, spinach, carrots, condensed tomato soup, Ms. Dash Tomato Basil, and Garlic, to make a Cheese Tortellini soup recipe incredibly tasty. The original recipe was basic with chicken broth, cream cheese, Italian seasoning, and Cheese Tortellini.
After making this soup several times, I learned that it is best to add the Cheese Tortellini the last hour of cooking. I hope you will try this soup and let me know what you think. I am not kidding when I say it is now our family’s favorite soup.
- Cream cheese should be at room temperature.
- Before adding the cream cheese to the soup, place it in a small bowl with a cup of the hot broth from the crockpot.
- Mix until the cream cheese dissolves.
After you brown the sausage, add the cream cheese to the skillet with the meat. Adding the cream cheese to the hot skillet will melt the cream cheese and makes a creamier soup.
Want To Download 8 More Slow Cooker Recipes?
Join 5,000 people who receive our newsletter.
- 20-ounce package Cheese Tortellini ( I use Buitoni)
- 1 pound package ground sausage, browned
- Two – 32 ounces of chicken broth
- One 10 ounces can condense tomato soup
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- one 8 ounce package cream cheese
- One tablespoon Italian seasoning (I use McCormick Perfect Pinch)
- One tablespoon Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic
- One teaspoon granulated garlic
- Brown and drain the sausage.
- Add the browned sausage to the crock-pot.
- Add all the other ingredients except the tortellini, cream cheese, and spinach.
- Last Hour of cooking mix the cream cheese and one cup of the hot broth from the slow cooker to the cream cheese.
- Mix the broth and cream cheese until smooth and add it to the crock pot.
- Add the tortellini and spinach.
- Cook an additional hour on high.
- Cook about 3 & 1/2 hours on highs total.
For your convenience, below are the products used in this post.
This post contains affiliate links. I will make a small commission if you purchase these products BUT it will not cost you any extra money.
Please see my disclosure.
ACCESSORIES SLOW COOKER
Do you need easy and delicious soup recipes to help you warm up this winter? Maybe an easy slow cooker recipe? How about these Soup Recipes? They are Tried and True Family Favorites and I am going to show you how to prepare them.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 5,000 people who follow our newsletter.