This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Visit My Travel Blog, Our American Travels, for Family Fun Travel Ideas All Over America.
HOW TO MAKE BEST SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE TORTELLINI SOUP
After the first bite of this Slow Cooker Sausage Tortellini Soup, we all looked at each other and said: “this is the best soup I have ever had.” I still enjoy my Chicken Tortilla Soup, Chicken Pot Pie Soup, Turkey & Wild Rice Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Cheeseburger Soup, Chili, and more, but I think this Slow Cooker Sausage Tortellini Soup is everyone’s new favorite. I added sausage, spinach, carrots, condensed tomato soup, Ms. Dash Tomato Basil, and Garlic, to make a Cheese Tortellini soup recipe extremely tasty. The original recipe was basic with chicken broth, cream cheese, Italian seasoning, and Cheese Tortellini. After making this soup several times, I learned that it is best to add the Cheese Tortellini the last hour of cooking. I hope you will try this soup and let me know what you think. I am not kidding when I say it is now our family’s favorite soup.
- Cream cheese should be at room temperature.
- Before adding the cream cheese to the soup, place it in a small bowl with a cup of the hot broth from the crock pot.
- Mix until the cream cheese dissolves.
Slow Cooker Sausage Tortellini Soup
Author: Diane @Recipesforourdailybread
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 8 bowls
- 20-ounce package Cheese Tortellini ( I use Buitoni)
- 1 pound package ground sausage, browned
- Two - 32 ounces of chicken broth
- One 10 ounces can condense tomato soup
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- one 8 ounce package cream cheese
- One tablespoon Italian seasoning (I use McCormick Perfect Pinch)
- One tablespoon Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic
- One teaspoon granulated garlic
- Brown and drain the sausage.
- Add the browned sausage to the crock-pot.
- Add all the other ingredients except the tortellini, cream cheese, and spinach.
- Last Hour of cooking mix the cream cheese and one cup of the hot broth from the slow cooker to the cream cheese.
- Mix the broth and cream cheese until smooth and add it to the crock pot.
- Add the tortellini and spinach.
- Cook an additional hour on high.
- Cook about 3 & ½ hours on highs total.