- Place Salmon in a large ziplock bag over night with the following ingredients:
- 2 pounds fresh Salmon about 4 cups
- 1/2 cup salt
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Use Apple Wood Chips to Smoke the Salmon.
- Smoke the Salmon in a smoker at 225 degrees until it reaches 140 degrees about 4 hours.
- SALMON DIP
- Cream together 16 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups Sour Cream,
- Two packs Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- Six tsp Capers
- One tsp ground red pepper, Cayenne (you may want to start with 1/2 teaspoon red pepper.)
- Fold in 4 cups Smoked Salmon
- Refrigerate and Serve with crackers.