Strawberry shortcakes are light creamy and an easy, delicious treat. I kicked up these strawberry shortcakes with a little white chocolate and a lovely glass.
Use the arrows at the top and bottom of each page to see all the scrumptious strawberry recipes.
This shortcake is my biscuit recipe that I added sour cream instead of buttermilk and 3/4 cup of sugar. I bake the shortcake in a muffin tin to help keep its shape. The shortcake is moist on the inside and super crunchy on the outside. My secret to the crunchy top is to coat the top of the shortcake before baking it with sugar.
Shortcakes are the perfect dessert for using all those amazing fresh seasonal strawberries. Fresh Strawberries are sliced and marinated in sugar with a little water.
White Chocolate Sauce
To make the white chocolate sauce, I melted two cups of white chocolate chips and 1/3 cup of heavy cream. The easiest way is to melt this combination in the microwave for one minute. Remove it from the oven and stir and stir until it is smooth and creamy. DO NOT cook the chocolate until completely melted. You will overcook it and have a mess.
Fresh Whipped Cream
Be sure to top off this delicious dessert with fresh whipped cream. The fresh whipping cream makes a huge difference and makes this shortcake extra special. To make the whipping cream, I use a pint of heavy cream with 1/3 cup of sugar. I whipped it up in minutes using my Vitamix. You can also use a mixer.
Make A Beautiful Presentation with Shortcakes
I love serving this strawberry shortcake in a tall glass. It makes a gorgeous presentation. My family was waiting for me to finish taking pictures of this strawberry shortcake so they could make one to eat. I was taking longer than usual because it was so pretty. It needed lots of pictures.
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
Author: Recipes for our Daily Bread
- 2 pounds Strawberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- Slice the strawberries up and add toss with the water and the sugar.
- Refrigerate at least an hour.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Two tablespoons baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ sticks butter, cubed
- ¾ cup sugar
- Two eggs lightly beaten
- 8-ounce container sour cream
- Two tsp vanilla
- WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1-pint heavy cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Combine using a whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Whisk well.
- Cut in cubed butter. Trick: You can freeze the butter and grate it in like cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Fold into dry ingredients.
- Drop the dough by regular ice cream scoop into cupcake pan.
- Makes 12 cupcakes.
- Sprinkle heavily with sugar and pat the down into the cupcake pan.
- Bake until golden at 375 degrees.
- About 20 minutes or until slightly tan.
- Slice the shortcake in half and place one-half it in a tall glass for an excellent presentation.
- Add a generous amount of strawberries soaked with sugar.
- Top with the other half of shortcake.
- Top with White Chocolate Sauce additional strawberries and homemade whipped cream.
STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SALAD PERFECT SWEET SALTY COMBINATION
EASY STRAWBERRY PIE (LIKE FRISCH’S AND SHONEY’S)
The Dummies Guide to Making Strawberry Jam