This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Peppermint Candy filled cookies are always a hit. Making them using a cake mix could not be any easier.
These STUFFED PEPPERMINT COOKIES are full of flavor from the Hershey Candy Cane Kisses.
What is in these STUFFED PEPPERMINT COOKIES?
To make these peppermint cookies, I simply mix a white cake mix with eggs and oil. To make the filling, I used a bag of Hershey Candy Cane Kisses, butter, shortening, peppermint flavoring and confectioners sugar.
Cake mix makes these cookies easy and delicious and the peppermint buttercream makes these cookies amazing. My family simply loves Hershey’s Peppermint Kisses. So, I used them to make a buttercream frosting which was fantastic. It was perfect between two soft and fluffy white cake mix cookies.
These peppermint cookies scream Christmas. They are not only delicious but pretty with the red and white frosting. Your family and friends will think you bought gourmet cookies from a bakery but you made them quick and easily. Seriously, you can whip up these cookies in less than 30 minutes including baking time. They only take 10 minutes to bake.
HOW TO MAKE EASY PEPPERMINT SANDWICH COOKIES
Author: Diane @Recipes for our Daily Bread
Recipe type: Cookies
Serves: 16 cookies
- White Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 10-ounce bag Candy Cane Kisses
- ½ cup (1 stick) real butter, soften
- ½ cup butter flavor Crisco
- 3½ cups confectioners sugar
- ¼ peppermint flavoring
- Using an electric mixer, blend the cake mix, eggs, and oil.
- Drop cookies in one tablespoon size on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. I use a one tablespoon size ice cream scoop.
- Cook 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the soften butter and shortening until creamy.
- Slowly beat in the confectioner's sugar and peppermint flavoring.
- Chop the Candy Cane Kisses into small pieces.
- Fold in the chopped Kisses.
- After the Cookies have cooled, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of filling to a cookie and top it with another cookie.