WELCOME! Are you looking for a delicious cookie? These Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies are similar to a Whoopie cookie. A cake mix makes them quick and easy.
A simple Red Velvet cake mix is used for the cookie. Have you ever made cookies from a box of cake mix? Cake mix cookies are soft and chewy and super delicious! Plus, they only require three ingredients to make the cookies including cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs. To kick up these delicious Red Velvet cake mix cookies, I stuffed them with a fantastic cream cheese filling. The stuffing is made from cream cheese, marshmallow creme, confectioners’ sugar, butter and a little shortening.
We make these cookies often at my house. I use different cakes mixes and even color the filling for various times of the year. You can see my Devil’s Food Stuffed Cookies here. Whip up these Devil’s Food Stuffed Cookies at the last-minute and impress everyone. Because these cookies are red and white, they are perfect for the holidays. If you need cookies for a Cookie Swap or your children’s class, kids will love these cookies are stuffed. They have not one but two cookies sandwich together with the fantastic creamy filling.
HOW TO MAKE EASY STUFFED RED VELVET COOKIES
Author: Recipes for our Daily Bread
- Two boxes Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Four eggs, beaten
- Mix all the ingredients and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. I use a small ice cream scoop (1 TB size) and scoop the cookie dough onto parchment paper.
- 3 -1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups marshmallow creme
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- one teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix the cake mix, oil, and eggs.
- Drop on a baking sheet.
- I use a small ice cream scoop (1 TB size) and scoop the cookie dough onto parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes for one tablespoon size cookie. NO LONGER.
- Cool completely before adding the filling or the cookie will break.
- Use an electric mixer and beat marshmallow creme, butter, shortening, and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Slowly add the confectioners sugar.
- Next, add the vanilla
- Spread the filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies.
- Top each with another cookie.