Make these easy Mexican Chicken Quesadillas in minutes using my Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken. The best part about this Chicken is the endless possibilities for using it.
My family loves Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas and I have two favorite ways to make them.
We build our quesadillas with my slow cooker Mexican chicken, a homemade southwestern ranch sauce, spinach, additional Mexican seasoning, and lots of cheese.
Another great way to make these quick quesadillas is replacing the spinach with some black beans. If I have some of my leftover kicked up black beans, I will add them instead of the spinach with the Mexican chicken, southwestern ranch, Mexican seasoning, and lots of cheese.
Speaking of cheese, my husband and I like Pepper Jack Cheese, but my children like Colby Jack in their quesadillas. If you buy your cheese already shredded, a Mexican blend would be great too. To cook the quesadillas, I toss them on my indoor grill or place them in a frying pan that has been sprayed with a cooking spray. You will know they are ready to eat when the cheese starts oozing out everywhere. YUM! Melted Cheese and Chicken, what could be easier or better? The quesadillas normally get topped off with more sour cream, salsa or my favorite homemade southwestern ranch dip. See recipe dip below.
What makes them so easy is preparing the chicken ahead of time in the crock-pot. Earlier post for Crock-Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken. Having the chicken already prepared makes these quesadillas quick and easy. We can enjoy these quesadillas often.
Mexican Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla with Black Beans
Use this Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken to make these easy delicious quesadillas.
Whip up this homemade Southwestern Ranch in minutes to add to your quesadillas or dip them in it.
Below are pictures of Mexican Chicken Spinach and Cheese Quesadilla.
What is my favorite Mexican seasoning? Paul Prudhomme’s Fajita Magic
Tex-Mex Chicken Quesadillas
Author: Recipes for our Daily Bread
- 10 (10 inch) tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups of back beans, divided among 10 tortillas OR 2 cups of fresh spinach divided among 10 tortillas
- Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken - see recipe on above post
- ¼ teaspoon per quesadilla Paul Prudhomme's Fajita Magic seasoning or your favorite Mexican seasoning.
- DIPPING SAUCE
- Southwestern Ranch Dressing - see recipe on above post
- Layer half of each tortilla with an once of cheese on the bottom of the tortilla.
- Next, layer the chicken, black beans OR fresh spinach, about ¼ teaspoon Mexican seasoning.
- Top the tortilla with another once of cheese.
- Fold the tortillas in half and place it in a hot pan that has been sprayed with a cooking oil.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until cheese is ooey gooey and light tan.
Tips for making quesadillas:
- If you are not using slow cooker shredded chicken, chop your chicken into bite size pieces and add your seasoning. Next, toss it into a hot skillet. The chicken will cook really quickly.
- Cut your chicken into bite size pieces when it is partially frozen. It is a lot easier to cut.
If you enjoy quesadillas and BBQ, you will love these BBQ Quesadillas.