These Texas Cowboy beans have a variety of bean types including butter beans, pork and beans, and kidney beans.
They also have ground beef in them which makes them a meal all by themselves.
Cowboy Beans-Gooseberry Patch
I tried this recipe for Texas Cowboy Beans fromdelicious cornbread. I prepared these Texas Cowboy Beans as a side dish to go with some baby back ribs. My husband commented on the beans right away. He loved all the different beans with the ground beef. I will definitely be making these Texas Cowboy Beans again.. I truly enjoy this cookbook. Read below on how you could win a copy of Gooseberry Patch’s Game-Day Cookbook. When reading this cookbook, these beans caught my eye as being so different from my standard baked beans. I just had to try them to see how they tasted. These Cowboy beans have a variety of bean types including butter beans, pork and beans, and kidney beans. They also have ground beef in them which makes them a meal all by themselves. I could see me fixing these beans as a meal with some
I am giving away a copy of on my post about World’s Best Cookies. It is that easy! I drew a lucky winner on June 21, 2013. I know you will enjoy this cookbook. It is filled with brunch ideas, munchies, salads & sandwiches, main dishes, touchdown treats, and stadium-size recipes for a crowd. Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks are some of my favorite. They are collections of recipes from people all over the country who enjoy cooking. The recipes are down home and easy to prepare. I would love for you to win this cookbook and try some of these delicious recipes.
This contest is open to U.S. and Canada residents and will end on June 21, 2014. The winner will be notified by email. They will have 48 hours to reply.
Please note: Gooseberry Patch gave me a cookbook to review and one to giveaway, however,
.3the opinions expressed are my own.
Gooseberry Patch Game Day Fan Fare-Texas Cowboy Beans
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- Eight slices bacon, chopped
- 16 ounces can butter beans, drained
- 15 ounces can pork, and beans drained
- 16 ounces can be kidney beans, drained
- ¼ cup catsup (Ketchup)
- Two teaspoons mustard
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup (I used pure maple syrup)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- One teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon pepper
- Add the ground beef and bacon in the same skillet. Cook until brown and drain.
- Combine the ground beef, bacon, drained beans, ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauce, syrup, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 baking dish that has been sprayed with a cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- The beans will thicken up as they cool
- Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Want To Download 50 Easy Recipes?
Join 4,800 people who follow our newsletter.