This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Do you enjoy a Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato sandwich? What is in a Tomato Pie with Bacon Basil? Tomatoes, bacon, basil, mayonnaise, and cheese.
TOMATO PIE BACON BASIL
Maybe with a little mayonnaise and some basil. Well, this pie is for you! It tastes even better than a BLT. My oldest daughter would not eat tomatoes until she had a piece of tomato pie. It is a creamy, cheesy mouth-watering delight. This Tomato Bacon Basil Pie is a great side dish, for brunch or breakfast, or even a light lunch. My husband even likes this Tomato Bacon Basil Pie cold. Every time I make Tomato Bacon Basil Pie recipe, I get rave reviews. People always ask for the recipe. So, here it is.
Tomato Bacon Pie-Video
Author: Diane @Reicpesforourdailybread
Recipe type: sides
Serves: 8 slices
- 1 - 9-inch pie shell
- 4 Fresh tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- One teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil (or 2 tsp dried basil) 2 teaspoon MS. DASH Tomato Basil Garlic.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese; I use sharp
- 6 to 8 slices of bacon, cooked hard and crumbled
- Bake pie shell for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash and slice the tomatoes. I do not take the skins off, but if you normally do. Remove them.
- Slice the tomatoes and layer them on a baking sheet that has been lined with paper towels.
- Season the sliced tomatoes with the salt and pepper.
- Allow the tomatoes to drain on the paper towels for 30 minutes to an hour. Pat the tomatoes to remove moister. Get a much moister out of the tomatoes as possible.
- Layer the tomatoes in the bottom of the pre-cooked pie crust.
- Add half of the crumbled bacon on top of the layered tomatoes.
- Put the second layer of sliced tomatoes on top of the bacon.
- Top the second layer of sliced tomatoes with the rest of the bacon.
- Mix the Mayo, cheese, and herbs.
- Add the mixture to the top of the tomato pie. The mixture will be thick.
- Spread the mixture to cover the entire pie. You may want to use your hands.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Allow this pie to completely cool. It will be too watery to cut if you do not.
- Share this recipe with everyone you know who enjoys tomatoes.
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.