Use your Leftover Turkey in this deliciousTurkey Wild Rice Soup. It is full of flavor and a great way to use your leftover turkey.
I wanted to share one more idea for using your leftover Turkey. Because my Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is so delicious, I used it, I used my Chicken Noodle Soup recipe to make this soup but substituted the chicken and noodles for leftover turkey and wild rice. It was a tasty and delicious way to use up the last of my turkey. I also made Turkey Cranberry Grilled Cheese Sandwiches to go with it. Both of them were incredible!! I do not say this often, but I love these leftovers.
Delicious Turkey Wild Rice Soup
If you need an idea to use up the rest of your turkey, try one of these soups or this scrumptious Turkey Cranberry Sandwich. Use my Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe. You can use chicken or substitute it for turkey and substitute the noodle for wild rice. This soup is super simple to make using your slow cooker.
Turkey & Wild Rice Soup
Author: Diane @Recipesforourdailybread
Recipe type: Soup
- 12 cups (2 - 32-ounce containers of Chicken Broth)
- Three chicken breasts OR ( 3 to 4 cups Leftover Turkey)
- Two bay leaves (remove before serving)
- ½ teaspoon Poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Thyme
- One teaspoon black pepper
- Two cups onion, finely chopped
- Add, 2 cups carrots, shredded
- Plus, 2 cups celery, finely chopped
- Next, 2 cups heavy cream
- One box wild rice - I use Uncle Ben's rice INCLUDING the seasoning pack.
- Add everything to the crockpot except heavy cream.
- And, cook for 3 hours on high.
- Next, add the heavy cream.
- Continue cooking on high for an extra 30 minutes to an hour.
- If using chicken breasts, chop them up and add back to the crockpot.
- Finally, Put the crockpot on warm until ready to serve.