These Valentine’s Day Dipped Strawberries are so easy to make. They are the perfect surprise for that special person in your life.
Strawberries are the fruit of LOVE. When you dip them in chocolate, they are what dreams are made of. Sweep your sweetheart off their feet without paying an arm and leg. These Valentine’s Day strawberries are not only easy to make but far less expensive than purchasing dipped strawberries. These Valentine’s Day dipped strawberries are covered in white chocolate, milk chocolate, and topped with treats like sprinkles, M & M’s, and all sorts of other candies.
Be sure to use the ARROWS at the top and bottom of this page to see the second page for Valentine’s Day Strawberry dipping tips.
If you are eating something dipped in chocolate it needs to takes delicious. For this reason, I am not a fan of candy melts. However, candy melts make it so easy to add color to any food dipped in it. I have found that dipping the pretzels in white chocolate first and then adding a little color with candy melts, candy or sprinkles work great.
When dipping these Valentine’s Strawberries:
First, dip them into melted white chocolate (Ghirardelli) and let it slightly dry, a minute or two.
After the white chocolate dries, add the candy melts as a drizzle or a little on the ends of the pretzels.
Valentine’s Day Dipped Strawberries Tips
You can use any Ghirardelli chocolate chips melted with two tablespoons shortening, not butter shortening. Melt in microwave for one minute. Stir constantly. If needed, put the chocolate back in the microwave for another 15 seconds and stir until smooth. Take it slow and do not over cook the chocolate.
If you are adding nuts or thick candy like M & M’s, allow the strawberries to dry for a minute or two. The heavier nuts and candy will slide off if the strawberry has not dried some.
If adding nuts and candy, allow pretzels to dry but DO NOT let it dry all the way. The chocolate has to be slightly wet or sticky.
- When working with chocolate, it is always best to keep it warm. Use it quickly, so you will not have to reheat it in the microwave. It will dry it out.
THE BEST TIP! Use wide mouth MASON JARS, one per different type of chocolate, candy melts or Almond Bark and add the chips to the Mason Jars. Place the jars in a slow cooker. Fill the slow cooker with hot water half way up the Mason Jars. Do not get any water in the Mason Jars on the chocolate. Turn the slow cooker on high and do not cover the slow cooker. The chocolate will be totally melted after 30 minutes. Once the chocolate is melted, turn the slow cooker to low. The chocolate will keep drizzle consistency for at least an hour.
If you are in a hurry, melt the chocolate jars in the microwave for one minute and stir. Place them in the slow cooker hot water. Once the slow cooker heats up, turn it down on low.
- 1 pound strawberries, washed and dried well
- One - 11-ounce bag of Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips(or two cups of chips)
- 2 Tablespoons of Shortening
- Two bags Ghirardelli Baking Wafers
- Red or Pink Wilton Candy Melts Wafers
- Use Red or Pink Valentine's Sprinkles
- Pink or Red Assorted Candies like mini baking M & M's
- MELT CHOCOLATE
- Melt in the microwave for one minute. Stir constantly. If need, put it back int he
- microwave for another 15 seconds.
- I used 2 cups of Ghirardelli White Chocolate
- OR MELT Ghirardelli Baking Wafers As directed on package.
- Melt Wilton Candy Melts as directed on package.
- Dip Strawberries and add sprinkles and candy.
- If you are adding heavy candy, let the strawberry dry for about a minute but NOT completely dry. It should be sticky. The heavy candy will slide off if you add them before the strawberries dry a minute.